X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal? (Grinder)

Was looking through the bargain cave at cabela.com and found this grinder
    Weston No. 5 Deluxe Electric Meat Grinder
    The powerful 200-watt motor has forward and reverse operation. Includes three stainless steel grinding plates, sausage stuffing funnel and meat stomper. Convenient storage compartment in the back of the unit keeps your work space organized.

Seems like a good deal, $130 marked down to $50. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Seems like a good price but I got no experience here.
    Probably a good price to get started........
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's a pretty good deal for what it is. Weston is a good brand, a #5 head is pretty small, samllest made I believe,but depending on what and the volume you will be doing might just be the ticket. Perfect for smaller batches. Likely not enough for large volumes of meat, whole deer, etc. Stuffing won't be fun with it either I suspect, but no grinder really does a good job of stuffing.
      sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

I don't know anything about that brand or model, but an electric grinder for $50 seems pretty reasonable to me, based on what I was looking at when I bought mine. As mentioned, I would consider how much grinding you plan on doing & go from there. If you are just wanting to give it a try, I think you can get a manual hand grinder for about $20..... BUT, they are just that, manual hand grinders.
        sigpic

Comment

i think for now I'll just stick with the kitchenaid grinder attachment since I don't do huge batches. What I really need is for them to make deals like that on a stuffer
          Mike
          Life In Pit Row

Comment

That's similar to the waring pro I had and isn't suited for heavy duty use, and not really an improvement on what you have now.

Watch for the one at Northern to go on sale for around 100.00. Worth every penny.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

POS in my opinion. #5 grinder too small except for very small jobs. no one stocks blades and plates for a #5. Get a #8 size as a minimum.
              Col. Big Guy

Comment

Working...
              X