Cabelas rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabelas rocks!

I got my new grinder from Cabelas the other day.
    As I started to open the box, I noticed the box was a little beat up and as I opened it, I saw that the thick styrofoam packing was broken the full length of the box. Looked under it and spotted oil between the plastic wrap and the motor. I began to wonder if I should go ahead and unpack it and give it a test run, but instead, I figured I'd give Cabelas customer service a call.
    First thing I noticed was that the guy spoke english. Second thing I noticed was that the whole conversation lasted three minutes.
    I barely finished stating the problem when the guy said, "screw that, we're not gonna mess with this" I heard furious typing on his keyboard. "I'm sending you a new one right now" More typing. "this is a seven hundred dollar item and i don't wanna take a chance with it" Slight pause, "on your invoice is a return shipping lable, just peel it off, stick it on the box and call for a pick-up or drop it off at the UPS store" "is there anything else I can help you with sir"
    I should have said "yeah, you can call 911 cause I'm in shock over how easy this is!"
    Thanks Cabelas customer service guy!
    JT

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS !

What in the name of the seven furies are you intending to grind ? Elephants ?

And - wow good service.

Ps. you win the 'surreal avatar' compo. That thing is freaking me out lol
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS !

What in the name of the seven furies are you intending to grind ? Elephants ?

And - wow good service.

Ps. you win the 'surreal avatar' compo. That thing is freaking me out lol
      Yeah I know, I had a testosterone induced, "more power!" moment. But it was on sale, 100 dollars off, I actually paid 600 for it.
      JT

Comment

I just went to their site and watched the video of that grinder.

Adopt me will ya.
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Good deal, WF. Sometimes they aren't the cheapest, but their customer service is good. We are getting a Cabela's store here withing the next few months. Can't wait.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Sheeesh..my family station wagon didn't even cost that much
            Awesome service!
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Wow, glad to hear that... the local Cabelas Retail store here sucks! Wish they would take some training from the phone center folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                I got my new grinder from Cabelas the other day.
                As I started to open the box, I noticed the box was a little beat up and as I opened it, I saw that the thick styrofoam packing was broken the full length of the box. Looked under it and spotted oil between the plastic wrap and the motor. I began to wonder if I should go ahead and unpack it and give it a test run, but instead, I figured I'd give Cabelas customer service a call.
                First thing I noticed was that the guy spoke english. Second thing I noticed was that the whole conversation lasted three minutes.
                I barely finished stating the problem when the guy said, "screw that, we're not gonna mess with this" I heard furious typing on his keyboard. "I'm sending you a new one right now" More typing. "this is a seven hundred dollar item and i don't wanna take a chance with it" Slight pause, "on your invoice is a return shipping lable, just peel it off, stick it on the box and call for a pick-up or drop it off at the UPS store" "is there anything else I can help you with sir"
                I should have said "yeah, you can call 911 cause I'm in shock over how easy this is!"
                Thanks Cabelas customer service guy!
                Now thats GOOD customer service. I think I will send a copy of the posting to Gander Mountain so they can see what customer service is all about.
                https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Cabelas is great to do shooping with. and for the most part. great items also.
                  back in the 80's I ordered a custom 300 weathrby from them scope and all.
                  the scope was damaged in shipping. I called and a new one was in the mail(scope) ups and I figured the rest out.
                  great service and no BS
                  sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                  nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Although I have never been able to figure out their shipping (they go by price, not weight or size) I have to say they have Excellent customer service.

I bought a Masterbuilt vertical smoker from them years ago. After about 3 months, the thermo in the lid blew a gasket and all kinds of water and vapor were inside so I coulnd't read it. So, I called customer service to find out how to get a new thermo.

They said they would just send me a whole new smoker. I told them I just needed the thermo as I had already seasoned it and it was fine. That's OK, we'll send the new one out, take what you need and then just send it back with the prepaid label.

I thought, that's a hell of a way to run a business from a P&L standpoint, but as a customer, I was thrilled.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

so you went for the 1 1/2 hp commercial grade grinder that weighs 68 lb

The meat mixer attachment looked neat.

So what does an elephant hunting license cost in california
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        So what does an elephant hunting license cost in california
                        Don't know anymore CA, I was single back then, I'm sure the bar bill was staggering.
                        JT

Comment

lol

actually there is a law - still on the books - in california that states the ONLY animal you can shoot from a moving vehicle is a whale !
                          (there's another state that has it too - a landlocked state lol)

You going into sausage making for the inuit ?
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

couple things about cabelas, i have never needed a warranty on anything i have ever purchased there. i have had them replace a few things for me and was always a no questions asked, no postage on my part paid, type of deal... not to mention the one store shopping for all of your outdoor needs.

also if you ck the other mail order outfits, bass pro and the like they are priced pretty much even. its taking advantage of the sales and the bear cave deals is where it really makes them worthwhile shopping.

you will love that grinder, i have the 1.5 HP as well and give it a workout every year and it will last me the rest of my life and whoever inherits it as well.
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                              couple things about cabelas, i have never needed a warranty on anything i have ever purchased there. i have had them replace a few things for me and was always a no questions asked, no postage on my part paid, type of deal... not to mention the one store shopping for all of your outdoor needs.

also if you ck the other mail order outfits, bass pro and the like they are priced pretty much even. its taking advantage of the sales and the bear cave deals is where it really makes them worthwhile shopping.

you will love that grinder, i have the 1.5 HP as well and give it a workout every year and it will last me the rest of my life and whoever inherits it as well.

Well stated "E"..... I have been a faithful Cabela's guy for about 25 years. I have never had any problem or issue with them. I order with confidence through them & they have taken anything back returned that I did not think the brothers would have found acceptable. .... Now I got one 10minutes from my house
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X