Need a break from the wind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a break from the wind!

I thought tool crib would be a good place for this.

Its valentines day in Kansas. That can only mean one thing. Im cookin in the wind again. Its 30 degrees outside which isnt bad at all. But the north wind is blowin 25 mph with gusts over 45. But I gotta cook up dinner for Lady Freak ya know so the show must go on.

Here's where the tool part comes in.
    My wind break is 2 5'X5' sections hinged in the middle so I can manuver it any direction I want to redirect the wind.

We call this "The Great Wall of Barbecue".

The great wall has been stored since last year about this time. Here is a pic from the yard. Cant even see the smoker.

Here is a shot of Rusty hiding from the wind trying to warm up. Rusty doesnt have a nice blanket like Phil's smoker does. He spoils his girls so. Its windy enough that I added a chunk of plywood on the side for additional protection. In this kind of wind, this will only slow down the wind not stop it. Burned up way too much of my pecan wood trying to keep temps up but it was worth it.

And here is the proof that I was actually crazy enough to cook in this weather. More on the meat later.

Thanks for looking.
    Craig
    sigpic

I like it Craig. I used to put my smoker in the machine shed in the winter. I had a flex pipe rigged up to get most of the smoke out. I just had to be careful with how often I opened the smoker. 2 years ago I put a square baler in that hole, so I could work on it. And it still sits there waiting to be worked on.

Tom

Comment

Working...
    X