UDS Kettle Lids (2) + Cooking/Fire Grates for $29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDS Kettle Lids (2) + Cooking/Fire Grates for $29

Found this at my local Big Lots and had to share with everybody since the Kettle Lid problem seems to be re-occuring.

Here is the Kettle Grill I got at Big Lots for under $32 Out-The-Door. Beats Wal Marts price by over $10, and you get more bang for your buck too!

http://www.biglots.com/Outdoorlife/i...d=217&iid=7351

This is definately cheap, but it works like a charm. The cool thing here is that the bottom of this kettle grill works great as a lid as well. It has a much bigger domed shape too. I think I could do beer can chickens on my top rack now.

I will take some pics of the mods I did to make it fit properly. But hammering the lip flat with a rubber mallet, then setting on drum (bottom of drum always fits better whether open or closed drums), then tapping excess lip down around UDS Drum bottom.

Cool...i'll hafta check our BL's. Got my drum today for a weekend UDS build. Pic's to come!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks man. I will be stopping by Big Lots to see if they have one. I need another lid and have been plotting on another UDS anyway. So the extra will come in handy.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
        Thanks man. I will be stopping by Big Lots to see if they have one. I need another lid and have been plotting on another UDS anyway. So the extra will come in handy.
        Yeah, this will be perfect for you.

Your kettle gets it's lid back, and the Wu-DS and your next build are good to go, all for $31 bucks

Will post some pics soon

Comment

Way to go TD! That's a great cheap way to get yourself a UDS. I have one and plan on building two more, another for at home and one for up at the lake.
          I've been paying a local metal picker $10.00 for every Weber lid he finds in people's trash and when he find one with the cooking and fire grates he throws them in for free. So far I'm up to 4 extra lids, 3 cooking grates and 1 fire grate.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
            Way to go TD! That's a great cheap way to get yourself a UDS. I have one and plan on building two more, another for at home and one for up at the lake.
            I've been paying a local metal picker $10.00 for every Weber lid he finds in people's trash and when he find one with the cooking and fire grates he throws them in for free. So far I'm up to 4 extra lids, 3 cooking grates and 1 fire grate.
            I wish I had a connection like that

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I went and picked one up today. It was kinda late when I got home with it so I will check the fit tomorrow.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Our's was outta stock...so I got a grill from Lowe's....
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I would wait it out. Our local Big Lots is was out too and my Co-worker tried back 1 week later and they had about 15

Give it a week or so

Comment

I used the lid today. It fit great. Thanks again. I am thinking my next UDS will be built with a rotisserie in mind, similar to DDave's mod. The grill bottom will make a nice tall lid for that.
                    KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Working...
                    X