Where can I get Prime Rib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get Prime Rib?

Where to get Prime Rib? I have called all the grocery stores and meat packaging places within a hour drive and nobody sells Rib Roast??????
    Stay thirsty my friends!!

Ganny they maybe getting confused if you are asking for a prime rib roast. They maybe thinking of the grade USDA PRIME rather than a USDA CHOICE beef rib roast. Most stores don't carry the PRIME grade of beef they carry the CHOICE grade. If you have a Sam's or Costco near they carry whole boneless rib eyes. Then you can cut it to your on liking.
    Last edited by Eagle; 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM.
    Eagle

Comment

Do you have a local butcher? Maybe a farmers market with a butcher....
      ~Brian~
      GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
      BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

around here it's pretty much impossible to get anything with a Prime grade, they go straight to the restaurants. So like eagle says, make sure you're not asking for a prime rib... Now with that said here it's pretty hard to find a rib roast of any grade, except during Xmas time, everyone seems to carry them around then. But other times of they year to get one you'd probably have to have it ordered specially.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Costco is the only place around here that has them all the time. Probably Sam's too, but I don't have a membership there.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ganny76 View Post
            Where to get Prime Rib? I have called all the grocery stores and meat packaging places within a hour drive and nobody sells Rib Roast??????
            Louie gets em at Publix. Guy pulls em from the back asks how big or much & whacks a chunk off.
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
            X