smoked lake trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked lake trout

Had a couple small lakers in the freezer from last fall.thought I'd givem a little smoke.I bought a brine from Hi Mountain called Gourmet Fishand soked them for 18 hrsthen gave a clean water bath for an hr this morn before firing up the webber.smoked at 2-250 for 2-3- hrs bigger fillets for 3 smaller 2.here's the victoms

and after soaking

and after the smoke

All in all they just turned out alright nothing to boast to loud.Although next time I'm going to try Erains method this brine was a little flaverless.later Bill
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Add a squeeze of lemon and a few capers & paper thin onion slices on the side- kick 'em up a notch :{) Looks good from here tho!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks darn good to me....

Comment

Looks good to me too. I'd eat it. Just like Rich said, capers, onion. Love it!

Dave

Comment

good to see more trout... i think you better off smoking them fresh though... trout get old fast in the freezer, but if you smoke em first then freeze they keep much much better, prolly because you keep nipping at them and they gone before long anyway... yup try out the brown sugar... does the trick.
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Man...look's good to me! Hand me a cold one...let's eat!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice lookin trout. Lucky for me I just found a couple vac packed smoked salmon I had done last fall while looking for things to use up from the freezer. Im happy.

Comment

Great looking Trout minnbill. Kudos...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

Absolutely!
                  Lake Trout are De'lish! Gotta make some time to go after some.

Great looking grub, MB.

Comment

Working...
                  X