Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• havasu bbq london bridge style results

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?id=1889
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

I posted these at another site (Cooking.com) where Bob is admin. Sigh..tough day for Cowboy and the Rose...but his big worry was yardbird...and placed 21 outta 71. Not bad a'tall! Congrats Bob!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I see a team "sauce goddess and cabana boy"

Looks like they only entered pork!

Anybody know anything bout that?

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post

Hmmm....gotta wonder. Isn't she on an R &R down that direction? Racing huh?
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post

Don't know, lot of folks were there. I saw some bottled sauces labeld sauce goddess, and K came to mind.
          I went to a BBQ joint there at lake havasu, real nice place and from 1500 hours to 2230 hours did my KCBA certified judge class. and recieved my certs.
          the ole boy that owned the place bought a turned in fire truck, a ladder truck with tiller. that is big. with mods. it looks like a steamer. the deck where the gear for the the ladder was in 1" thick steel, and he put a round smoker on top 3/4" steel makes it look like an ole steamer truck or a new chemical dispensing truck for a flight line.. and the bumper he installed is 3/4" steel. the truck is cool. he pulls a 25,000 pound Q trailer with it.
          I met BBally and his crew. He is a hard working man and his crew was a delight to meet. I am surpised he and his team did not place better. He has some really neat ideas about how to do smoked meats.
          But he did turn in a salsa, desert and an anything butts entrys. I do not know the results for that. and can not find it posted.
          The last thing to be judged there was the deserts. I left about an hour after that as a huge ole storm was coming and was do to arrive around 1800 hours,
          I was on the road at 1530 hours headed home. to many dips in the roads heading east to get caught in a rain storm.
          I walked around and met, slap yor daddy's team, they are some funny guys, and met trig's he is all bussines, and a very nice guy, we, shall see if he plugs smoked meats for us. And me.lol. and of course any one else that was out and chatty.
          I was pretty busy as I volunteered to help with the event. I judged all the entery's deserts, any thing butt, salsa and the main event which I was a table captain for. I beleive the table I was at for the main event receieved the top competitors brisket. at least six entry's from the top guns. I had one master judge at the table and two board members from KCBA the rest except one had judged events in the past. one rookie. I was able to view and insure the correctness of the judges cards before I turned them in, the briskets we judges were all 9 and 8 with a couple sevens. when I did the presentation for the appearance, and saw what we had. I went around to the other tables to see what they had received. and one of the KCBA board member told me that we had rerceivd some of the top q-ers brisket turn ins.
          I sure hope I did not miss K and her son if she was there. and I am sure she would have mentioned to us if she in fact was going to compete.
          And I am sure she would have checked in with BBALLY if she was there.
          I will write some more about the neat stuff there at the event. I beleive all of you would have loved it. the weather was in the 70's and we had a little wind friday in the afternoon but was great weather the whole time overall. and the place is beautiful. they are planning another one next year. should be a bigger and better event althought this one was 1st class. and the lions club went all out to ensuer that it was.
          and we had several board members fly in from the KCBA to help ensure the event went well. and they were the ones that gave us our judging class.
          Last edited by Kyote; 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Kelly was not entered in this comp. Coincidence is all.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I was surpised to see only a couple UDS's there at the event, one was a normal 55 gal drum the other was an over pack or at least a 100 gallon drum.
              nothing fancy to either of them.
              I saw 5 lang's there none were of the model 60, all where larger then that. and only one was pimped up. most were sand blasted and powder coated which made them real nice looking. and one guy showed me his fire box. he lined it with fire brick, which I thought was a good idea. it was lined on the bottom only and had holes for the legs of the fire basket to set on the bottom of the metal. I am going to incorperate this to my fire box. and am sure it will help in heat loss from the bottom.
              noticed a lot of folks incoperated computer controled fans to their smokers.
              a lot of custom built smokers were there. some fancy the others just big ole custom meat cookers, stick burner type. lot of wsm's were there. and one team the goatheads had at least 15 BGE's that they cooked on. and all the stuff that goes with the BGE. those things are cool.

Comment

Great report kyote - reporter from me :-)

I beleive all of you would have loved it
                hell yeah lol

Also congrats on your judges certificate.
                Sounds like you did the certificate and judged on the same day - nice work if you can get it I reckon :-)

Is this the place where they shipped the actual london bridge to ? (just looked at the title again lol)

Do they want the rest of london. Hey if we sold and shipped it off that'd leave a nice big space to put a decent city in
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  Is this the place where they shipped the actual london bridge to ? (just looked at the title again lol)

Great report Kyote maybe I'll make it next year.

Yeah CA, been 30 years since I was there, but you could still read the numbers on all the peices, where the put it back together. Kind of interesting.
                  JT

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                    FBJ

WSM
                    Med. Spicewine
                    Stumps GF223
                    KCBS/NEBS Member
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great report Kyote and congrats on being a certified judge.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Met Kyote and Reatorterry, great guys. Kyote kindly supplied a six pack the morning of the competition knowing I would not have time to leave the pit. And had not since Friday evening.

Got 3rd in People's Choice. Which is the one I key on at the event.

Got 6th in anything but with my salmon. I was happy with that.

Got a 21 placing for my chicken.

The rest we got our asssseeesss kicked on, but I knew the risk of using my asian fusion when we went down there. I had to do what I wanted to do it is just the way I am.

It was a great time, it was great to go all that way and meet people you know from the forums. That was cool.

Be 25 years since I last raced my jet boat around that place. It has really grown since then. Neat to see how it changed.

Jerry and Barbara were my team partners, they now have their first one under their belts and I have my second.

They say they will do it next year, I will be there, great people.

Harry from Slap yo daddy stopped by to tour the rig. Really nice guy, excellent complements on the rig and just and all round good guy.
                        Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Third place out of 71 in People's Choice is fantastic! Great job!
                          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Awesome! I'd be proud of that 3rd too! And kudos for stickin to your recipe vision.
                            JT

Comment

congrats and good for you for taking a chance.
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
                              X