Sheee holy, sourdough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheee holy, sourdough!

After hooking up with Bassman and getting some of his awesome starter yesterday, I got it home, fed it, and after looking at how this stuff took off, I couldn't wait, so I started in last night on my first batch of sourdough.

Starter from Keith

2 hours after being fed

First batch starter

Set up to sit over night... so with visions of loaves and rolls dancing in my head, I went to bed...

AND HERE IS WHAT I FOUND THIS MORNING... HOLY !@#$
    My first reaction was to call 911

So.. have no idea what the hell I'm doing, but having a blast already this morning. It looks and smells great. More picts to come. Starting in on this after I finish with the almonds so that I have no distractions.

Again - kick ass starter, Keith! Thanks.
    Tracey

You'd better open a window, man!! That thing is alive. Take your 1 cup that you used to begin with and put back in your original starter. What you have left is what you use in the recipe. Good luck. Waiting patiently for your bread pics.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looking forward to see how this turns out!

Looks like the man hooked you up big time!
      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
      22" webber
      several burners
      pool/spa (of course)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        You'd better open a window, man!! That thing is alive. Take your 1 cup that you used to begin with and put back in your original starter. What you have left is what you use in the recipe. Good luck. Waiting patiently for your bread pics.
        I know!

Well, I religiously followed the recipe until I got to the flour part... guess I kinda went into auto mode and half a dozen half cups later, or was that only five... I just went for it and kneaded to what I thought felt good..
        <---(That's Keith!)

So with my little sourdough glob all oiled up and in a warm safe place.. she sits waiting... waiting... waiting to rise..

Thanks for checking out my post. Should have some finished picts in, oh I don't know 10 YEARS!

Tracey

Comment

Looks great! Can't wait to see how your first loaf turns out.
          Sourdough baking is totally addicting once you get started.
          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Yeah man....you on it! Gonna be gooood!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well that's a wrap, folks! Couldn't be happier with the results of my first batch of sourdough.

When from this

To this!

Next time I'll split the dough between one loaf and one round.. or maybe two rounds, but not three... Gotta try and turn out one a those toad stools Keith keeps showing us.

Until next time - thanks again Keith.
              Tracey

Comment

Oh man...this is my weakness...I must get a starter before I flip out up here...GREAT LOOKING BREAD! if I have any....
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Just beautiful Walle. Kudos...
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                    Oh man...this is my weakness...I must get a starter before I flip out up here...GREAT LOOKING BREAD! if I have any....
                    G - thanks for the points. I'm going to slide over and give Bassman some myself for such a kickass starter and recipe!

PS - the kitten (avatar) doesn't have your starter!

Comment

Good grief, that was fast! I'll be interested in hearing about the taste also. It will get better the more you use the starter. Great looking bread!
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Another joins the cult!! Great job man!!
                        Keith

Comment

that is great looking bread :-)

What's it keep like ?

I always add a couple of vitamin c tablets to my bread and it means it's useful for a week. without the vit c it's stale the next day.

Be very interested to know how the sourdough process effects the longevity.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That is taking charge walle....Very Nice!!!!

Comment

LOL...well the points will have to wait do to me being so generous earlier in the day

at that cat already gave me everything he had..lol
                              Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                              G - thanks for the points. I'm going to slide over and give Bassman some myself for such a kickass starter and recipe!

PS - the kitten (avatar) doesn't have your starter!
                              Jerod
                              GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X