Burger Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger Dogs

Let's say you get off work early on a Friday. It's in the 40's and a beautiful day. You got a pound of ground venison thawing in the fridge, and you're really looking forward to a burger off the grill.

Then maybe......you've had a few too many beers to legally drive, when you discover the hamburger buns are moldy. Doh! Do you give up? Nope. The hotdog buns will work.

An egg, some bread crumbs, a handful of chopped onion and a few dashes of Montreal steak seasoning. Rolled into hotdogs (more like a brat) and onto the grill. Some pepper jack cheese spread and ketchup........ you're good to go.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

I say that's pretty darned inventive (is that a word?). Looks good.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Lol.... I too have done this Ray.... As well as grilling hot dogs and slicing them in 1/2, then in 1/2 lengthwise to fit on burger buns. My 6 y/o likes them???
      sigpic

Comment

Looks tasty double R!!
        Keith

Comment

That look's fabulous RR. Kudos...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Man those do look good, AND I TOO, have had to do this, but I dont realize untill after I have cooked the burgers that I dont have rolls for them!
            20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
            36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
            22" webber
            several burners
            pool/spa (of course)
            sigpic

Comment

I'll have two to go - got any kraut ?
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Or you can make some of these. Bacon wrapped burger stuffed with a hot dog and cheese.
                AKA the Frankinburger

Brad

UDS
                Weber spirit
                Weber kettle
                Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

OK Ray... Now that's just teasing... And just think those are 1/3lb Venny Franks..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Fired Up View Post
                    Or you can make some of these. Bacon wrapped burger stuffed with a hot dog and cheese.
                    AKA the Frankinburger
                    Those would have been cool too. I actually don't have any more hotdogs, and no more bacon. Did I just say that? Well, there is some scraps and pieces being saved for beans. I really need to hit the store this weekend.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Lol.... I too have done this Ray.... As well as grilling hot dogs and slicing them in 1/2, then in 1/2 lengthwise to fit on burger buns. My 6 y/o likes them???
                    I've done that too, when the kids were still here. They'd eat anything, and thought it was funny. Usually it's like Poolguy said, after you've cooked them. Then you're cutting the burger in half and stuffing into the hotdog bun. My grandson will get a kick out of these.

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                    OK Ray... Now that's just teasing... And just think those are 1/3lb Venny Franks..
                    Yes they were, and I ate two. May have to make them 1/4 lb or less for the grandson, though.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                    X