Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky Roasted Garlic SD

I'm off to a friends for dinner and she asked me to bring some bread

I had a little smoked flour left so I did 1/2 smoked flour and 1/2 regular. I am finding less is more with the smoked flour. I use it about 1/2 and 1/2 for bread.

The dough above in the basket is fully proofed and ready for the oven. I added about a tablespoon of Rich's rub and some roasted garlic I had leftover to the sourdough, you can kind of see the flecks of spices and some of the garlic.

Here it is out of the oven;

I wanted it to look like a fattie It's a little under proofed, but kind of fun huh?

Cheers Dears, have a great night. I'll be putting my butt in when I get home...stay tuned.
    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

I'm out of points but will catch you later. That's one beautiful loaf of bread. Sure would like to see the inside of that critter!
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

(Snif)- that loaf brings a tear to mah eye... :{) This is a first I think...MHR in bread??
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I luv it Mo!!!!!!!!!
        Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Very Nice, Mo!

Can't ever get mine (bread) to stand up in a roll like that...
          Garlic is good with anything.

Sincerely,
          Apprentice Sourdougher!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            (Snif)- that loaf brings a tear to mah eye... :{) This is a first I think...MHR in bread??
            Mine too!

Mo you rock the house! that bread is so, so, well so gorgeous.... OMG! I am anxiously awaiting the review! What an amazing loaf! :)

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks for looking everyone.
              Walle, there's an easy joke there I won't take...
              The bread was yummy. I am loving the smoked flour. It's funny, I made two loaves the one above and this one;

This loaf is fully proofed and, IMO, tasted better even without garlic or rub. But everyone else liked the other better. The MHR was tasty and the garlic was good too. I'd do that again.

I'm doing a big bake today. We have an Oscar Party to go to. I'll try to take some pics.
              "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Huge drool factor on the bread....Points on my reload....

Comment

Working...
                X