Buffalo: Wings and Turds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo: Wings and Turds...

After my first run at wings, I guess I had a taste for them, so doing some more tonight.
    Figured ABT's would fill that "fire" need from last time.

Using Franks again, but following the suggestions of injecting them this time.

What we're up against..

Wings injected and rubbed..

ABT's.. oh yeah, the "scoop" works on 'mellons AND peppers!

Shot of the project

On the smoker. Hitting these with some PEACH that has finally dried! A first for me, I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks for checking out my Buffalo post!
    Tracey

O....stay after it! Oughta be tasty!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

So what did you inject the wings with? Im not sure I would go to that much trouble but I guess you'll tell me soon if it is worth it. Wings is wings and dont need injections... maybe...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

OH man there going to be good
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          So what did you inject the wings with? Im not sure I would go to that much trouble but I guess you'll tell me soon if it is worth it. Wings is wings and dont need injections... maybe...
          Franks was a suggestion! Figured it couldn't hurt. Was really not trouble at all.

Here we are at the first sauce

Back in for 10 minutes, and pulling the plain ABT's... filled with green onion dip mix and cream cheese.... these damn things are GOOOOOOOD!

back in a minute!

Comment

I could go back to your first thread but I'll just ask now...What temp?
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Looking Great Tracey!.... I have never injected wings, but would guess it could not hurt.... Let us know if you could tell a difference, or think it was worth the little extra effort....AND... ..... We (ME) would like to hear your reviews on the Peach Wood!...
              Last edited by Fishawn; 03-12-2010, 11:36 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                I could go back to your first thread but I'll just ask now...What temp?
                275* - 45/10/10

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Looking Great Tracey!.... I have never injects wings, but would guess it could not hurt.... Let us know if you could tell a difference, or think it was worth the little extra effort....AND... ..... We (ME) would like to hear your reviews on the Peach Wood!...
                *** Injecting was definitely worth it. Good flavor and JUICY!! Will definitely do this from now on.***

Well... Peach.. not so much Damn it! I SO wanted it to be good! Very strong almost bitter taste... I will say, though, poultry has a way of soaking up smoke like nothing else. I will try it on beef or pork before I toss it. I would be very interested in anyone else's experience with Peach.

Here's the final score.

Second sauc'en

DONE!

Little sump'en, sump'en to go with... $1 to anyone who can guess what kinda bread that is...

And here's my dinner - Sorry it took so long... got distracted!

Thanks for checking out my buff'ler cook tonight.
                Tracey
                Last edited by WALLE; 03-12-2010, 10:18 PM. Reason: Adding Injection Comments

Comment

I use peach alot.....Nice and aged for sure,but much like apple/pear too me....

I usually use it as the lighter part of a wood mix....Weird though...Never had a harsh peach,but maybe like you said too much etc...

Nice meal too...

Comment

sourdough or a new version of biscotti..........
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

OK... All the stuff (wood) I use in my smoker is Totally Dried..... Maybe a different smoke off some that is not totally "seasoned" ?.... Just wondering!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                        sourdough or a new version of biscotti..........
                        And the $1 goes to Chefrob This was finishing off the round I baked on Thursday.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        OK... All the stuff (wood) I use in my smoker is Totally Dried..... Maybe a different smoke off some that is not totally "seasoned" ?.... Just wondering!
                        Yeah, I'm with you on the seasoned part. Here's what I did - when behind the shed with the sawsall to whack off a piece of the peach limb I've had hanging on my metal pile all winter, and could tell by the look and smell of the sawdust that the main limb was still green. Disappointed, I got to lookin it over and found a dead limb coming out of a fork, so I whacked it off (~1" X 8") and used that.

?? WTH ?? If you guys have tried it and had good look, the only other explanation is that Bassman snuck over while I wasn't looking, climbed up in my smoker, and lost one of his tennis shoes in the fire box!

Really, if you guys use it and it works, I know it will work for me. I'll use one of the "good pieces" that was fresh - after it's fully cured.

That is good news, cuz I love peaches! The thought that any part of them maybe bad just breaks my little heart!

Thanks,
                        Tracey

Comment

I hate to tell you, that wasn't a tennis shoe. BTW, where do you keep the toilet paper out here?
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            I hate to tell you, that wasn't a tennis shoe. BTW, where do you keep the toilet paper out here?

IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X