Arrachera(marinated skirt steak) Tacos with Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrachera(marinated skirt steak) Tacos with Pics

Back in the day when I was a line cook I had he pleasure of working at alot of different restaurants and learning different cusines. I also learned alot from my fellow cooks from Mexico. I was often treated to food they made at home, and sometimes we would chip in and buy product to cook lunch @ work. One of my favorites was a marinated skirt steak dish called arrachera.

The marinade is lime juice, minced jalapenos, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. The skirt steak is run through a meat tenderizer @ the butcher shop, and then the marinade is rubbed in. I let this batch marinade for only 1.5 hours. The lime juice starts to "cook" the meat giving it an almost twice grilled taste. I also took some whole jalapenos and put some oil on them and sprinkled tem with kosher salt for the grill.

Tacos were pretty traditional)I prefer flour tortiallas to corn tortillas): diced raw onion, cilantro, sliced avocado, & crumbled queso fresco). a bite of the grilled jalapeno, and then a bite of the taco was awesome.

skirt steak:

rubbed with the marinade:

jalapenos:

arrachera on the Weber kettle:

done(maybe 5-7 minutes total on the high heat):

sliced against the grain on a bias, and then chopped:

my plate of tacos(made a good lunch):

thanks for checking out my pics and post.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Looks great!
    "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
    PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

thanks Vlap,

I made sure to save a little for some tacos for supper tonight after work.

Comment

Loving that flavor....I could definetly see making some large batches in future for some quick meals...Thanks for sharing jim... if i have them...

Comment

thanks alex,

the Weber was really kicking out the heat with the lump charcoal, I had to wear and oven mit on my hand with the tongs to flip that meat so it wouldnt burn. Got a nice ammount of char on them.

Comment

Nicely done. I could go for a few of those.
            FBJ

WSM
            Med. Spicewine
            Stumps GF223
            KCBS/NEBS Member
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Love the marinated Skirt steak! I will have to try yours out. I still have a tendancy to grill mine a little too long though. Nice work Jim!
              sigpic

Comment

That sounds pretty durn good. I suppose something like a chuck could be used too?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  That sounds pretty durn good. I suppose something like a chuck could be used too?

I am not sure about how chuck would do, some folks use flank steak, having the butcher run it through that "needle" tenderizer at least once is the trick.

Comment

Those look great, very authentic. We get a lot of variations on that style of soft taco, El Pastor, Carne Asada, Pollo Asada. I believe you are right about the skirt steak being traditional. Around here they sell it at most of the markets as Carne Asada meat.
                    Most around here are made with corn tortillas, for using flour!
                    JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                      Most around here are made with corn tortillas, for using flour!
                      thanks,

I think the flour lets the taste of the steak shine through, since corn tortillas have alot more flavor.

Comment

Looks great.Points for the amount of preperation went into that finished product. That meat looks perfect.

Comment

Man, that looks awesome!!

Thanks for sharing!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

line em up, I could eat a few of those !
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

sounds good. looks good, bet it taste good.
                              at the fire house I dubbed tuesday TACO TUESDAY very tues. some one had to make tacos. those would have been winners.
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                              X