Goddess Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goddess Rolls

Well, I had to try it...but I screwed up somehow.
    I went to a couple stores and all I could find were those little tenderloins that are about 3 or 4 inches in diamiter and about a foot long. I wanted a 'big one' like the BBQG had (that sounds kind of bad...you know what I mean)....I went to Costco and told the butcher what I wanted and he told me I wanted "pork loin top loin roast"...ok....I get home and it is basically two roasts stacked on top of each otherr..???what the fuheck???

I forgot to take a picture of the first one before I butterflied and stuffed it...anyway..I obviously decided to proceed with plan A because I didn't know what else to do...I butterflied it and made a stuffing of collards I had frozen from the garden, bacon, shallots and mustard. Oh, I made a paste of garlic and salt and rubbed it good with that before I stuffed it.

I was only planning on doing one so I didn't have a stuffing for the other so I just butterflied the second one and rubbed with garlic paste and put in some fresh herbs I had.

oh, and some applesauce too....

Here it is all tied up, seared, and braising in milk, lemon, and some herbs. The first one I seared and finished in the oven.

Here they both are plated

What's up with that pink meat? It was done to 150F and tasted fine, but pink!? Again, what the fuheck???

....and my bread regular sourdough and roasted walnut and blue cheese sourdough on the right, it was a pot-luck so this is all I made, why there is no veg....

Thanks Goddess for the inspiration.It was fun even though I did have the right meat. It tasted really good, both were really easy to make, traveled well and were good at room temp. Pretty much a perfect pot luck meal.
    Thanks again for your inspiration.
    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Holy chit MO....Fabulous looking meal....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
      Holy chit MO....Fabulous looking meal...
      What he said........... looks like ya did ok with what you had!
      Damn fine success story! And good pics of the bread too!!!!
      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
      22" webber
      several burners
      pool/spa (of course)
      sigpic

Comment

Mo~! You on it big time! Just fantastic~!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

YOU GO MO!!!

That looks great!!!!

On Edit: Ahhh crap, this farkin points system won't let me do it right now... sheesh!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Pink is allright... plus the salt and herbs- depending, will effect a minor cure on the meat locally... and yes, you don't want TENDERlions...just loins... whole.

Looks pretty durn tasty ! I think it's - worthy!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow. Points from Rich
              The package (my looking at it) says 'pork loin top loin roast boneless'.
              ???

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                Wow. Points from Rich
                The package (my looking at it) says 'pork loin top loin roast boneless'.
                ???
                And that box from the auto mechanic says muffler bearing and cannuter valve, right? It's a pork loin. Only a roast if ya roast it ;{)

THAT'S what Canuckian bacon is typically made from too.

And HEY I give points... sheesh! ;{)
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  I think it's - worthy!
                  OMG the stingy prick gave out some points!!!
                  Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post
                    I never would have said that!!

Nice looking spread, Mo. I did notice that if you put that end slice back on the bread, it won't fit. I think someone got in there and took a middle slice.
                    sigpic
                    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                      INice looking spread, Mo. I did notice that if you put that end slice back on the bread, it won't fit. I think someone got in there and took a middle slice.
                      I didn't notice that, but now that I look you are right. The bread went fast.

Thanks for looking and the points

Comment

Wow! Madame Moselle, what a super plated finish ya put together! The loin looks fabulous and the bread looks over the top! Fantastic meal
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Great Plate MO
                          sigpic

Comment

Typically, I'm more generous with pointers, Bob. Which would be preferred?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                              Wow! Madame Moselle, what a super plated finish ya put together! The loin looks fabulous and the bread looks over the top! Fantastic meal
                              I am gonna ditto Ry on this one sista! You rocked that! I am truely flattered, just this w/e I was telling Ry how amazing you are with FOOD and how I am so grateful to have met you.. you are an really a food goddess!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X