ThermoWorks
    Product Announcement
    March 2010

The New Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen
    Professional Thermocouple
    View in Browser

More Info

Here's why it’s the top-rated Thermocouple Meter for Food Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super-Fast 3-Second Response

Reduced-tip design
    High performance micro-thermocouple
    Makes tiny hole in food product
    Meets FDA guidelines for meat checking

You’ll find several reduced-tip copycats since we pioneered the design with the Original Thermapen, but none are near as fast. There’s more to it than just a small tip. We use a unique high performance micro thermocouple and a special manufacturing process to get super high speed. Test it yourself against your fastest thermometer and you’ll be a believer.

3-Seconds!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Accuracy In It’s Class

±0.7°F (±0.4°C) accuracy
    Accuracy includes meter and probe
    NIST-Traceable certificate included
    The Thermapen is at least 3 times more accurate than most food thermometers. Many of the competition don’t include probe error in their specs. The Thermapen spec includes ALL errors. It comes with a calibration certificate showing test data traceable to NIST. Use it to test the accuracy of all your other thermometers!

NIST-Traceable

VS.

No Cables to Fail - Save Money!

Probe folds away for protection
    No cables to wrap and stow
    Eliminate the cable food and germ traps
    Compact design stores in pocket

The components most likely to fail in a commercial thermometer are the cable and its connector. Eliminating that cable saves considerably on replacement costs. And where do you store the cable anyway? Wrapping it on the meter traps food and germs. With the Thermapen you don’t have to wind cables or drag cords through your kitchen. The Thermapen folds conveniently into your pocket so it won’t get tugged off a counter or stepped on. The Thermapen means lower annual repair and replacement costs. Many of the competition charge more for replacement probes alone than you will pay for a whole Thermapen!

No Cables!

Splash-Proof Design

Resistant to kitchen splashes
    O-ring sealed battery compartment
    Molded-in display window prevents leaks
    Easy to keep clean

Designed for commercial kitchens and processing plants, the new Thermapen housing features integrated rubber seals for splash resistance. Easily survives wet hands. The display window is molded flush to the outside of the housing to prevent leaks. The overall smooth design virtually eliminates food and grime traps.

Splash-Proof

Calibration Trim Adjustment

New electronic trim function
    Supports ice point calibration adjustment
    Calibration buttons kept away from users

The Thermapen will probably never need an adjustment, but in case it does you can do it in the field. A simple ice bath is all you need to test and trim the new Thermapen. All controls are electronic and hidden from curious users. No accidental de-calibration.

CAL Adjustment

Customizable Display Settings

Disable auto-off feature
    Change display from °F to °C
    Display resolution settable to tenths or whole degrees
    Controls kept away from users
    The Thermapen comes ready-to-use, but you can change the resolution, temperature scale, and the auto-off feature to suit your needs. Open the battery compartment to configure your Thermapen, and close it to keep users from accidentally hitting buttons.

Customizable Display

Simple One-Handed Operation

No buttons to confuse users
    Simple open and measure operation
    One handed operation – free hand
    Configuration buttons hidden in battery compartment

Just open the probe and the Thermapen comes on. Close it and it shuts off. No buttons or switches to catch germs, confuse staff or cause errors. With one-handed use, measurements are taken with less time and trouble. Eliminate errors caused by Hold buttons staying on, displays showing the wrong scale, or Min/Max being recorded as the actual reading. Simplicity cuts staff training and encourages usage.

Simplicity

Savings!
    The street price for the competition's "economy" solution is about $155 (list: $224). You can try the superior Thermapen in your favorite color for only $96, single piece price. That's less than the list price of their replacement probe alone. Buy as few as 6 Thermapens and pay only $80 each. Larger corporate purchases will qualify for more discount.

seems the new SPLASH PROOF ones are quicker.

wonder if we here at sm made an order of over a dozen if they would drop ship them?
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

You can try the superior Thermapen in your favorite color for only $96, single piece price
    now honestly are we expected to believe that the colour doesn't make a difference ?
    Everyone knows the cheetah spotted ones are fastest
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I can honestly say I love my Thermapen. It is easily the most used tool in my tool box, and is credited with helping me turn out consistently good results...But I swear, I have raced against other colors, and the red one is definitely the fastest. Funny, but the food tasted better with the red thermapen too!!
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/...thermapen.html

tryting to get the link up that shows all about the new one. it came in an e-mail. but will not allow the link to move to any place else.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
        X