My new project with help from Kurtsara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new project with help from Kurtsara

Wanted to show what I have going now. Before the snow fell, I picked up the fridge on the left. I have since gutted the entire interior and is being fitted with a new steel liner and kaowool. It will be a charcoal smoker only based on a backwoods clone style.

The one of the right, I was lucky enough to pick up on my way back from ice fishing last month from a guy who belongs to smf, Kurtsara. He advertised it there, if anyone wanted it, they could have it for free. No one bit, so on the way back, I snagged it. Don't know if Kurtsara is a member here, but if so, thanks buddy.

Anyhow, the one I got from him, I will most likely leave it the way it is, but will remove the small freezer part along with the shelves and just plug the holes. This will be a cold smoker only. My goal with this one is to make meats like DangerDan does. Yes, I think that is freakin awesome.

These are both 1950 Frigidaires made by General Motors. I like how the doors open opposite of one another.
    I will post the smoker and its progress when it is completed.

https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Sweet, I love twins..................especially ones that can alternate left or right!

Keep us up to date on your build!
    20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
    22" webber
    several burners
    pool/spa (of course)
    sigpic

Comment

Cool... quality boxes there. I have a 1968 GTO that has a Frigidair compressor for the air conditioning - LOL!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Cool matching pair! Those will be some great smokers - can't wait to see your build pictures.

Comment

those are beauties, lookin forward to your progress myself

Comment

That will be a conversation piece keep us up to date with pics
            sigpic
            Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
            Great Out doors grill
            Brinkman verticle
            And one great UDS
            Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Very nice man.....You have the skills and this one i will be watching closely....

Comment

You have a couple of gems there bro... can't wait to see the progress!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Wow. Looks like a great project Meat Hunter and I love the suicide fridge doors. Just like the old Continentals. All the best...
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                  X