Drumstick Trio - 2 Stuffed, 1 Injected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumstick Trio - 2 Stuffed, 1 Injected

Got this idea from Gunslinger, so here goes.

Doing a three shot on this pack of drummies. Didn't have any box stuffing, so here's what I threw together:

Test batch 1
    4 Pieces toasted bread
    ~1/2 cup chicken broth
    finely chopped onion
    finely chopped smoked gouda
    finely chopped green chili

That was the EASY part... now off to de-boning the drummies... To be honest, this was more of a pain in the a$$ that I would have ever guessed... if these babies aren't over the top, lip smack'en good, this probably won't happen again in my casa..

Did 2/3rds of the pack for stuffing

Test Batch 2
    One hunk smoked gouda
    One hunk green chili
    -per drummie

Batch #3 - Injected, rubbed buffalo drummies. I know these will be good.
    Prepared like the chicken wings I've done, injeted with Franks, and rubbed with rib rub

Entire project

Got these chill'en in the fridge, will hit these this afternoon after I get some yard work done.

Thanks for checking out my post - and thanks for the good idea, Gunny.
    Tracey

Awesome Tracey!..... I wanna try this bad..... I can just see myself hacking a finger off with a clever though! .... Maybe I'll stuff some boneless thighs, at least I can buy them boneless
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Awesome Tracey!..... I wanna try this bad..... I can just see myself hacking a finger off with a clever though! .... Maybe I'll stuff some boneless thighs, at least I can buy them boneless
      Yeah - no !@#!$
      That exact thought (chopping off finger~arm) went throw my mind, but I ended up just setting the clever on them, then whacking it with my hand - went right through....then after about three, your second thought (boneless anything else) went through my mind. I think the boneless thighs would be the best way to go - still have the good juicy dark meat...not as many tendons...more time to drink beer!

I guess I should stop my whinning... this idea is AWESOME! that's why I'm doing it. I'm just usually pretty good with a knife, and this kicked my.....

Comment

Heh... nice work, Walle. Usually the effort put in is well worth it :{) Making noodles for a big batch of chicken paprikash sux. But...I still do it!

Glad you still have all your appendages attached
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great. Points for trying this. I am afraid it will chip my knife blade AND cut off my finger.
          You can do yard work today? Didn't you get any of this snow? I got about 14 inches yesterday! I thought they said the Western Slope was going to get this stom too...no?
          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Man, that does look good! I'll wait to give you points when I see them come out of the smoker! In fact, I'll see if Gunslinger will bone out a bunch of legs and send them up here.

Mo, what part of Colorado are you from? We just got some rain before you got snow.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              Mo, what part of Colorado are you from? We just got some rain before you got snow.
              People's Republic of Boulder.
              Beautiful day today. But still tons of snow left.
              "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

You on it~! Needa see some of that done gig~!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks awesome man! yeah they are a bit of a pain, but well worth the effort.
                  I did about 10 of them as well and didn't get the hang of it until about #6. Then the last 4 or so went really quick.
                  That's cool we were on the same track and even better that you got the pics. for that alone.
                  JT

Comment

going to try this today - not worried about the cleaver, but had contemplated using a hack saw instead lol
                    we'll see.

kudos for carrying it through :-)
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks everyone,

Mo - yeah it has been a little cool, but sun a shining over here in Eastern Utah.
                      Whisky Fish - thanks!

Here's the final out come
                      Sausage on the top, Wing sauce (L), Gouda/Green Chili(C), Stuffing (R)

And plated with some toasted cheesy sourdough.

Overall I like the Gouda/GC the best of the two stuffed ones.
                      Wing Sauced drummies were excellent.

Probably won't be doing this again... taste and looks were awesome, just too much work when you could get to the same place using boneless thighs.

thanks for checking out my post.
                      Tracey

Comment

Those look good. You know I do them a lot and can de-bone about 2 per minute. Thighs take me a lot longer. The effort for me isn't really about taste with these, it's the novelty. I mean really, it's just a boneless leg. But I like to do them for guests.

Tom

Comment

OK Tracey. That by Gawd looks good enough for . Wish I could get up enough ambition to do a smoke.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                            . The effort for me isn't really about taste with these, it's the novelty. I mean really, it's just a boneless leg. But I like to do them for guests.
                            It IS novel, and impressive! I mean how cool is just biting into a drumsick on end??

Thighs take longer? Wow... you must be like middle handed or something
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Look's great Tracey. All the best...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X