Things are going swimmingly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are going swimmingly...

Garden shack has issues with electric meter and no use battling the electric company...I have a dynamite grow room there,but cost is an issue...

I moved everything to laundry room at the house...This is a gorilla shelving system with 4 shelves in use....I have 100% germination at present on all tomato and peppers i wanted

Top shelf has the larger peppers...Bells,japs etc...They get out on porch every good day...Growing only 70 this year total..They keep so well vac-u-sealed(120 last year)

shelf below has tomatoes(only 50 this year)...cabbage,lettuce,spinach etc..They are almost ready for 4 inch pots....Picture is deceptive..they might be 2 inches tall...

Smaller hots below...Pequins,aji lemon etc...

Leeks are just coming on....

I keep the onions from seed upstairs for easy access to porch...They are hardened off and ready for garden...possibly saturday...

Last edited by ALX; 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM.

Great start Alex, 100% germination, you can't ask for better!

I sure do wish I had just gone with plastic and not peat pots but next year...
    Can't wait to see your garden in full swing, it's the kind of thing that puts a smile on every plant lovers face
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome Alex. You definitely have the green thumb.
      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

You Kick Serious Total Complete Ultimate Garden Ass!
        Last edited by Fishawn; 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Dang Alex! Man you'll never cease to amaze me with your killer gardening skills bud. Just one question bro. Where's the pics of the cash crop?¿
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

what a great start I have tried that but fail miserably I don't have the green thumb
            sigpic
            Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
            Great Out doors grill
            Brinkman verticle
            And one great UDS
            Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

What a setup...Nice Alex.
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                What a setup...Nice Alex.

Thanks steve....When you come down for some wood for that awesome smoker i have 5 pounds of roasted frozen green chiles from garden if you want it....Plenty of extra dehydrated peppers for spices... Hope the move went well too...

Comment

Looks good Alex. Wont be long till they outgrow that setup though. Not much room to raise the lights. But Im sure you got that covered. Good luck on another garden season...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    Looks good Alex. Wont be long till they outgrow that setup though. Not much room to raise the lights. But Im sure you got that covered. Good luck on another garden season...

Each shelf can handle a 12 inch tall plant..including the 4 inch pots...Probably just deceptive with pics from my camera...The shelving unit is 8 feet tall....I have a sunroom in garden shack for later....I get em off grow lights as soon as possible....

Comment

Wow can you say GREEN THUMB.......I wish I had that set-up
                      Jerod
                      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX
                        I replaced all the wires and internal box and power company hasnt/wont fix outside meter right now...I might hire a lawyer...With almost nothing running the power bill was 10 dollars last month at shack....
                        Money grubbing bureaucratic sons a by the way, great start to another fantastic garden season Alex.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Looks like the maters are starting their true leaves and should take off pretty quick after that. Wish I had the room and time to start all mine from seed, but then again I only plant less than half of what you do. My garden is about 50'X100" and the last couple years has gotton drowned out pretty good. So far this spring has been pretty dry and some farmers are already working their fields around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                            Looks awesome Alex. You definitely have the green thumb.
                            Alex... you are so amazing... that is just incredible... I can't grow mold... AWESOME!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looking forward to your great garden pics again this year, Alex. Plants look great so far.
                              sigpic
                              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                              X