Pork tenderloin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork tenderloin?

Got to do some pork tenderloin for Easter, ya'll got any favorite recps?

Does Canadian Bacon Count?

There are some Great stuffed Tenderloin threads on here if you are looking to stuff one..... BbqGoddess, WALLE & Moselle posts come to mind, but there is probably more.

Try a search in Pork, or search Loin.

Good luck & let us know what you come up with.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Does Canadian Bacon Count?

There are some Great stuffed Tenderloin threads on here if you are looking to stuff one..... BbqGoddess, WALLE & Moselle posts come to mind, but there is probably more.

Try a search in Pork, or search Loin.

Good luck & let us know what you come up with.
      What he said! Can't go wrong with any of their posts!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Here's a couple more.

Terry did a nice loin here: http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...t=stuffed+loin

Then there's this beauty Rich put together: http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...t=stuffed+loin

But these are loins, not tenderloins. You may have trouble stuffing the small tenderloins
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Can't forget the Texas Hunter's http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382
          Becky

Weber Smokey Joe
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

to me, easter always seems to be a greek/eastern european holiday. you might consider doing a greek-themed tenderloin.

rub - cavender's greek seasoning or make your own from equal amounts of kosher salt, cracked black pepper and dried oregano (if it were me, i would also add some granulated garlic and onion powder!). brush/mop/spritz with a 50/50 mix of olive oil and lemon juice.

check with some other, more experienced folks for cooking times and temps, but if it were me, i'd be using a cooking temp of 250 degrees until it reached an internal temperature of 155, then would let it rest and rise to 160.

recommended smoking woods: apple, hickory or perhaps oak. if you have access to fruitwoods such as lemon or orange, or lilac or grape vines, these would be worth a try.

just some suggestions - good luck!
            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
            Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Oh, and Scott's stuffed jerk loin http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...t=stuffed+loin

I'm not as creative as they all are...I just used plain ole Stove Top with one I did http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...7721#post87721
              Becky

Weber Smokey Joe
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

I did this one a few months back and it is excellent. You won't find the Schells beer in your area I'm certain but you can substitiute a good dark beer of your choice.

Savory Grilled Pork Roast
                Savory Grilled Pork Roast in Schell’s FireBrick Marinade

4 lb. boneless pork loin roast, rolled and tied
                5 garlic cloves, halved

Marinade
                12 oz. Schell’s FireBrick Lager
                1/4 cup olive oil
                2 tbsp. butter
                1 tbsp. dried basil
                2 tsp. marjoram
                1 tsp. sage
                1 tsp. rosemary
                1-1/2 tsp. black pepper
                1-1/2 tsp. salt

Cut 1" random slits in pork roast and stuff with halved garlic pieces. Place roast in a large zip lock bag. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl, pour into bag with the roast. Squeeze the excess air from bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. Open and enjoy another Schell’s FireBrick for yourself.
                Using a charcoal grill, spread hot coals around outside edge of grill then add an additional layer of coals and you’re ready to cook. Prior to grilling the roast, drain marinade from the bag and reserve for later. Place roast with meat thermometer in a baking pan, fat side up, and set baking pan in center of grill and cover. Celebrate your culinary prowess with a cold FireBrick, and be sure to keep a small amount of water in the bottom of pan to keep the roast tender. Generously baste the roast with the marinade every 15 minutes and continue to cook until temperature reads 160 degrees to 165 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before carving, and spoon remaining marinade over the finished pieces.
                Tips:
                For gas grills, place pan on top rack and follow same directions.
                For oven baking, set temperature to 325 degrees and follow above directions.
                G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Tenderloins are pretty small, and all I do is rub them up and smoke them at 235-260 for a couple hrs till they get to 145-155, depending on how you like em. They can be tough if you over cook them, but really tasty if you don't. I guess you could inject them, but I usually don't. Mad Hunky, Yardbird, or any rib rub would be good on them.

Sliced 1/4" thick,lay 3-4 of them on a bun, top with slice of provolone or swiss, slide under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, a dab of good BBQ sauce, and you have an allstar sammy.

Slice the medallions thinner and place on a cracker with some dip and small square of cheese, great for snacks.

T-loins are great lean meat.Usually they are about $2.69-$2.99 a lb around here. Make sure you carefully slice off the silver skin on the one side. It will be tough if you leave it on.

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Thank ya'll a lot for the help. Think I'll try your idea Capt Dan, keep it simple. I gotta cook-em & transport them bout 50 mi. That will give them time to rest.

Comment

Dont confuse loin with tenderloin...
                      Tenderloin is a great cut but with little fat content. Overcooked it will be dry and tough. If smoking, cook to 145 or so, like Dan said...Or...They lend themselves to hot fast grilling very well.
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Very helpful thread as I prepare to get bacon wrap and smoke 6 tenderloins.

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                        Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                        sigpic

Comment

Pork tenderloin. MMMmmmm. I like to stuff mine with an apple cranberry stuffing and make some herb butter sauce to drizzle over it. Dang, looks like I'll be doing that as soon as I get done with this chicken salad. Mmmm.... I am obsessed with food!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                            Pork tenderloin. MMMmmmm. I like to stuff mine with an apple cranberry stuffing and make some herb butter sauce to drizzle over it. Dang, looks like I'll be doing that as soon as I get done with this chicken salad. Mmmm.... I am obsessed with food!
                            Stellar idea, Squirrel, however ... do you butterfly them open and still stuff them? Would require a steady hand not to cut through the already thin lil' roasts they come in.

That herb butter sauce ... yum

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                            Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumosmoke View Post
                              Stellar idea, Squirrel, however ... do you butterfly them open and still stuff them? Would require a steady hand not to cut through the already thin lil' roasts they come in.
                              I have not used T-loins for stuffing yet, but Hmmm... could probably just do a "half cut" down the middle of each (They typically come 2 in a pack, round here anyway) and lay in a stuffing, and get out the butcher string and tie em up together?
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X