Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sweet might have a new idea for a fun money maker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet might have a new idea for a fun money maker.

Well most of you know I am planning a propane tank build. Well yesterday we went to see about moving and leveling a trailer that sold through the buisness we just bought and noticed well re-noticed something. Across the street is a run down abandoned propane renting/filling company. No buildings or anything just a half falling down three walled awning and about 30 or 40 250 to 500 gallon propane tanks. Their just sitting there crying out to me make me a smoker, Build me and they will smoke, cut into me with a torch I wont blow up. SO I think I might find out who owns it and see if I can get a few tanks or buy some. I would then have the tanks, building, torch, welder and about everything but a few trailers to make a few smokers. Think I might do a few when I do mine and see if I can sell them. Figure I would build them so they where on a stand and could be sold either on the stand you set up on a trailer.

Heck maybe I will get lucky and the lot will be up for sale on the tax sale in two weeks and I will get it for next to nothing.

Sounds like you might be in for a score! Keep us posted.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Timing....mine sux....hope it is da bestest for ya!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim665 View Post
        Well most of you know I am planning a propane tank build. Well yesterday we went to see about moving and leveling a trailer that sold through the buisness we just bought and noticed well re-noticed something. Across the street is a run down abandoned propane renting/filling company. No buildings or anything just a half falling down three walled awning and about 30 or 40 250 to 500 gallon propane tanks. Their just sitting there crying out to me make me a smoker, Build me and they will smoke, cut into me with a torch I wont blow up. SO I think I might find out who owns it and see if I can get a few tanks or buy some. I would then have the tanks, building, torch, welder and about everything but a few trailers to make a few smokers. Think I might do a few when I do mine and see if I can sell them. Figure I would build them so they where on a stand and could be sold either on the stand you set up on a trailer.

Heck maybe I will get lucky and the lot will be up for sale on the tax sale in two weeks and I will get it for next to nothing.
        sounds like a heck of a plan. good luck.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

what state is this ??????
          I could always come down and take a few off your hands you know for your effort to clean up the community..lol...sounds like you scored !
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

quite a find keep us posted
            sigpic
            Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
            Great Out doors grill
            Brinkman verticle
            And one great UDS
            Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Great find. Good luck...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

The guy we bought the business off of said that the company went under a few years ago. He said a year or so ago American gas leased the land to store tanks and such there. I guess the shinny new tanks will be a no go. Though it seems there are about 10 old rusted tanks properly from the old company. Going to find out who has the lease and try and get the old ones. The guy at the scrap yard told me some store called in that they had about 4 to 6 old tanks to scrap. He told me he would sell them to me at 10 bucks over cost if I bought all 6. He said they would have to CUT them open and he did not want the risk. Not sure what they weigh but scrap steel is 190 to 200 a ton. I would guess less thne 1000 pounds each.
                Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                I could always come down and take a few off your hands you know for your effort to clean up the community..lol...sounds like you scored !

Comment

I am in Indiana southwest town of Sullivan. If I get some of them for free your welcome to one maybe two. I wonder if we could get a federal grant to recycle propane tanks
                  Originally posted by GOT14U View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X