Quiche Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiche Anyone?

Hated it growing up.... Now it's almost a weekly cook... I have never smoked one, but am thinking about it.... Anyone smoked a quiche before?...

I make it on the fly anymore, starting with 5-6 beaten eggs & grated cheese as a base.... Bake at 350* for 30 minutes & cool for about 20 minutes before slicing. This one I browned up some Jimmy Dean clone breakfast sausage & ground beef seasoned with S & P, along with diced sauted white onion & roasted Red & Yellow peppers.... Cheese was Tillamook Cheddar & Mozarella. Quiche to me is almost like a Fatty, where just about anything can go in it & it freezes well in individual portions for quick microwave breakfasts & its quick to prepare

Mixed & ready for the oven.... 350* for 30 minutes

Out of the oven

Klose Up
    sigpic

I think I remember seeing one from Jerod (Got14u). Hopefully he will be along to respond, because it looked great (that's why I remember it!).
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Looks real good to me. I've never had it that I remember, but I will be trying this one.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Beautiful Scott. We put that filling on top of dough and call it breakfast pizza around here...Great job. . Just love it...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
          Beautiful Scott. We put that filling on top of dough and call it breakfast pizza around here...Great job. . Just love it...
          Crazy Canadians.... ........... Yeah Zeek, I think you are right, it is pretty similar to a pizza I guess, with the eggs effectively being the crust. I must think in terms of pizza toppings, cause everything I like on pizza I also like in Quiche & stuffed into a Fatty, or on a Meatza! ...
          sigpic

Comment

That is very nice, Scott!! I love quiche but never make them. I guess I always thought they were too hard to do but your way is very simple. Thanks for sharing!
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
              That is very nice, Scott!! I love quiche but never make them. I guess I always thought they were too hard to do but your way is very simple. Thanks for sharing!
              BECKY!..... Your new avatar ROCKS!.... ............. One of the reasons I posted this was to hopefully get someone to make it, if they had not yet. There are lots of Quiche recipes that include all kinda of stuff & ingredients & they are all great also & not sure what I do would technically be called a quiche, but I just use eggs & cheese as a base & whatever else sounds good that day..... Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes..... That's it, go for it
              sigpic

Comment

Quiche seems to get a bad rap...I love it myself and that one you made rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  BECKY!..... Your new avatar ROCKS!.... ............. One of the reasons I posted this was to hopefully get someone to make it, if they had not yet.
                  Thanks, Scott! A friend from Rowland, PA designed that for a little rock 'n roll festival she and her husband host every year called Wheeliefest. It's now in it's 12th year and we've been to every one of them. It describes some of us girls pretty well I got a t-shirt, too.

I'll definitely be trying this soon!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

this is a link to the "other" forum but it is one I did awhile ago....just crank your smoker up...it was delicous and the mellow smoke flavor came through great>>>> http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=74044
                    if there is any questions let me know.
                    Jerod
                    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                    sigpic

Comment

I clicked the link & flames shot outta my computer ..... I actually gave you points for that one too!.... Gotta try that some day, great post.
                      sigpic

Comment

You sure that flame came out of your computer...

Comment

Looks great Scott! Love quiche, its easy and kinda like a fattie, you can put anything in there... same with a frittata.. yum!
                          Beck! that is awesome, where do I get me a shirt? lol!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

One after thought is I would spread some cheese on top of it and put it back in the smoker for 15 minutes or so...Just for a more appealing to the eye....come on you gotta do this I have been waiting for someone else to smoke a quiche.....

edit: you can also use a hash brown as a crust for the bottom...just line fresh shredded hash browns on the bottom through them in the oven/smoker for 15 minutes or till crispy then remove and go from there
                            Jerod
                            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                            sigpic

Comment

I will....... Soon...... Promise..... Kinda Quiched out at the moment.......... Similar to eating leftover pizza for me, or fritata's.... It does freeze well, which is good.... I gotta have some beef tonight
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X