Splenda in rubs, sauces, and brines??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splenda in rubs, sauces, and brines??

Trying to cut out some carbs. Anyone use Splenda in rubs, sauces, or brines instead of sugar?? If so, how did it taste and what was the difference in bark?

sigpic

I dont remember who is was, but they used splenda in my peanut butter pie recipe..They said it tasted fine..

I would think it would be OK to use splenda since its made from sugar..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

cooking with splenda

I use splenda with most everything I cook that calls for sugar.. I am going to use it in my rub & sauces. I did some bake bean cooked on the bbq pit used brown sugar spendla blend (1/2 the sugar.). made bbq sauce with it good also it came out great. have put it in my chille. it is very sweet... 1 spoon of splenda is like 2 spoons of sugar... to me. try it out I think it would be good in a rub also,,,,

Comment

I have used it in my sauces and rubs for awhile now I don't notice any difference

Comment

Thanks!

I used it in my jerky the other day and it turned out great.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be curious about the taste. In somethings with splenda I can taste, it other things I can't. I guess I should just whip some up and try it for myself huh?
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

I'd be curious myself on this one since i've been doing as few of carbs as poss. myself. the protien diet is a smokers wet dream
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I use it all the time, in rubs, coffee & also last night's Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Crunchy Peanut Butter & Raisin cookies. Good stuff!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X