I am done with the ecb's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am done with the ecb's

getting ready to put the body of the gourmet ecb onto the firepan, and the waterpan fell outta the body, and drowned the fire. The ham will be a oven ham this year.

This is the THIRD time, I have had this happen to me. So I am done with water pans, and crappy built smokers.

Gives me MORE drive to finish my drum.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Boy that is a drag Steave .but definitely a drive to get the drum going
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Drum.... Drum.... Drum.... Drum....
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I think you're making a good choice Steve. I could never get mine figured out either.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Never have figured how to controll the heat on mine

But Im hearing drum beats now...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            I think you're making a good choice Steve. I could never get mine figured out either.
            Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            Never have figured how to controll the heat on mine

But Im hearing drum beats now...
            with all my mods i did, which are posted in this forum, had no problem with all that. I just should of thought of a mod for the water pan.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Steve, you are using the gourmet which has bottom vents...mine is wide open on the bottom...no air control at all...Im thinkin I maybe shouldnt have drilled the air holes in the charcoal pan
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

i went once to replace a pan that had been rusted out, realized its just cheaper to buy a new one. So toss her, save some parts and keep your eye on that 29.99 secial at wall mart at the end of the seaon. There great for grilling too when you dro the pan to the bottom, get those coals going, the distance from the grate allows for some great bbq chicken, especcialy jerk style. Or just fix this up bend where nedded screw otherwise.LoL
                ecb always worked great (cept the slipage your tallking about, now I fill the panAFTER its in place haha. Truth is they are a pain in the ass for long smokes, unless you do some kind of mod, charcoal pans a bitch to refill, specially if your trying to do the minion method

Comment

Steve, you are using the gourmet which has bottom vents...mine is wide open on the bottom...no air control at all...Im thinkin I maybe shouldnt have drilled the air holes in the charcoal pan
                  I did
                  , works lie a chrm, at time i would lay down foil if I was doing a low slow smoke, but for poultry and other stuff, you want that extra flow

Comment

you need to do these mods buddy.
                    http://www.randyq.addr.com/ecb/ecbmods.html

Originally posted by williamzanTzinger View Post
                    i went once to replace a pan that had been rusted out, realized its just cheaper to buy a new one. So toss her, save some parts and keep your eye on that 29.99 secial at wall mart at the end of the seaon. There great for grilling too when you dro the pan to the bottom, get those coals going, the distance from the grate allows for some great bbq chicken, especcialy jerk style. Or just fix this up bend where nedded screw otherwise.LoL
                    ecb always worked great (cept the slipage your tallking about, now I fill the panAFTER its in place haha. Truth is they are a pain in the ass for long smokes, unless you do some kind of mod, charcoal pans a bitch to refill, specially if your trying to do the minion method
                    mine is the gourmet......the body sets on top of the fire pan. you just lift it off, and refill the pan.

http://www.randyq.addr.com/ecb/ecbmods.html

Comment

For as many mods as you've made to them (and graciously shared through threads), you are the King of the ECBs. Have some pictures of the drum?

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                      Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah.......started a thread on it......let me find it

Comment

here you go

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7389

Comment

I know you have been feel down the last month Steve... But buddy, you need to get your drum on...
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

You can plug a few with foil... you need some airflow. Perhaps not as much is all.

I had that happen too WD- I had an ECB a few years back. Yup, pissed me off and I picked up the WSM then.

Come to think of it..I no longer use a waterpan at all.
                              Last edited by Richtee; 04-04-2010, 08:10 PM.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X