1000 gallon smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 gallon smoker

I drove by the abandoned propane yard and noticed a few things. One the idea that was shot my way that it was in fact a active storage and filling spot leased to blue flame is beyond crazy. All but about 6 of the tanks are rusted, old or have the valves off them. I also noticed that the fill station was falling down around the fill spot. I then noticed the yard and gate where unused and seems no one has been in there for years. From what I know I have never seen any one there for the almost three years. The 6 that looked in good shape seemed old and unused for some time. Guess they got the better paint jobs. So tomorrow I am going to try and find out who owns the land and or the tanks then go form there.

On a side note is there any kind of smoker that can be built from a 1000 gallon tank? I noticed there are atleast 4 or 5.

Wow, your the lucky man now. You are gonna have one heck of an horizontal smoker thats for sure. You can smoke several pigs at once or an entire side of beef at once and have room left over. Wish I could find an abandoned propane fill station around here.
    sigpic

Comment

The bigger the tank, the more fuel you'll need for each smoke!
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Ya might need a forest now. If I do end up getting the place or the tanks maybe we can work something out and get some of you guys a tank. More then enough for what I want to do

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
          The bigger the tank, the more fuel you'll need for each smoke!
          Holy smokes... what he said! my first thought was "the pork crematorium", that would be one huge farken smoker...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Sheesh...you might need 2 fireboxes for something that size!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Maybe a dual smoker one chamber on each end. Two fire boxs and two cooking temps.

Comment

what ever you do she is going to be a biggin.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

are you sure it's big enough
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

maybe a nuclear powerplant to heat it. Hey thats what will gived it that Chernobyl flavor

Comment

Working...
                    X