Bassmans Sourdough again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassmans Sourdough again......

Simply cannot get enough of this stuff. Whole family loves it.
    Was just pm'ing withe Bassman and told him that the timer went off on the over, making more bread. Told me I best post some pics so here goes.
    I used his recipe but this time, to mix it up a bit, I substituted the powdered milk with powdered buttermilk. Not too bad. Had the nice sourdough tang with subtle notes of buttermilk pancakes. This one is a keeper. Next, I'm moving on to incorporate whole grains and maybe even a burnt onion and popply seed. I tell ya, if you don't make your own bread, you should try it. Even if it's just for the way the whole house smells. Reminds me of my grandmas house when I was younger.

Anyhow, here is one of the loaves. The kids and I tore into the second one so it was not worth of a pic

https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Nice....I'm gonna check for points.

Had em...Gave em.
    Keith

Comment

That is great stuff. We got the starter from Friends of Carl and have a couple batches going right now - Need to stop eating the Cinnamon rasin one though - putting on too many lbs LOL
      Scarbelly

Comment

Whooeee Todd! That stuff looks better every time you make it. I guess that starter is really getting sour by now.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yeah Man Daddy....sure is purty!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

MH - great looking bread!
            What the hell did you do to your picture size? I ended up Kansas before I got to the end of it

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
              MH - great looking bread!
              What the hell did you do to your picture size? I ended up Kansas before I got to the end of it
              He's got that one at 1000X750. I hadn't noticed it being so large because my monitor is the size of a big screen TV.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

That is some fine looking sourdough bread...It really couldn't get any better looking than that. It is cool that the whole fam damily is digging it too! Nice Job Meat Hunter
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                X