My take on Paella de Marisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on Paella de Marisco

Ok John (rivet) drove me nuts with his Paella so I needed to do one of my own...I found a base recipe to go off of and then began to tweak and twist to what I thought would be good. Started out chopping up 1 red onion 1 jalap 4 cloves garlic and about 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley and 1 green and 1 red bell pepper. Along with a can of diced green chiles and 1 can of mushrooms(wish I would of had fresh but oh well)

I started off making a sofrito for this with cooking the chopped onion,garlic cloves, and parsley for about 8 minutes and then a can of mexican diced tomatoes that we did last summer was added, along with some spanish paprika...I continued to saute this until the mix lost most of it's water content and had a consistence of jam. After that I removed it from the pan and set aside.

Next added some evoo and cooked the green and red peppers and through in the mushrooms,green chiles,and diced jalap. All cooked for about 6-8 minutes. After this I took the sofrito and added it back in the pan. Added 2 cups of regular long grain rice. (the town I live in had NO medium grain rice or Calasparra or Bomba rice) Cooked this for a minute while stirring then added 3.5 cups of chicken stock with a pinch of Saffron, salt , pepper.

Next I cooked the food on medium for 10 minutes then cover and let go for about 30 minutes. Next I added a sea food mix I had got at Sam's Club last time we went up to Billings. It had shrimp, squid, octopus, mussels, crab meat. Covered back up and went another 10 minutes. All in all it came out pretty good. I would like to give it another shot now that I have done it once. I was pleasantly surprised how well the sea food taste cam through...This was packed full of flavors, I was a little frustrated with my rice, it is my nemesis. Here are some photos and thanks for lookin

just the beginning

sofrito starting

and just about done

all the peppers

everyone in the pool

could have gone a bit longer but didn't want to over do the sea food.

plated up. here you can see the nice crust on the bottom(some call socorrat)
    Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

.... Not at the dish.... Looking up
    sigpic

Comment

i thought that new sig might get some attention...Nice avatar also...lmao

you changed it already ?
      Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      .... Not at the dish.... Looking up
      Last edited by GOT14U; 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM.
      Jerod
      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
      sigpic

Comment

That looks killer man....I could eat a load of that...

Comment

That is a great lookin Paella and sig. Love em both
          Scarbelly

Comment

Thanks ....on both
            Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
            That is a great lookin Paella and sig. Love em both
            Jerod
            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
            sigpic

Comment

Working...