Grilled Oysters on the Halfshell w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Oysters on the Halfshell w/pics

Becoming a big fan of oysters, I just recently started eating them raw, and have always enjoyed them deep fried. Always figured grilled would be good. Spied some Canadian oysters @ my local butcher shop yesterday when i was picking up some cut to order bone in pork chops. Decided to get 4 as this was just an experiment. these were frozen so i thawed them all day in the fridge.

once thawed i squirted them with fresh lemon juice then topped with a garlic butter I made(unsalted butter, garlic, serrano pepper, white wine, and Tony C's.

I topped the oyster with the butter mix, and put them on the kettle for about 5 minutes until the butter was bubbling. I then topped the oyster with some bbq sauce I made last week( a pineapple bbq sauce). Results were really good. plump, tender oysters popping with flavor. The 4 were gone darn quick, next time I will get at least a dozen, and ill plan ahead and get fresh oysters to shuck myself.

oysters:

brined chops and oysters:

the oysters made a great side dish for the chops I did on the kettle as well as the ribs I did on the WSM.

thanks for looking
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Dude....you'd hafta beg Louie so you could stop shuckin....That woman can put a hurtin on the oyster's.....Fine lookin meal ya got there!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

those are some of the fattest, plumpest I have seen. great job.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

thanks,

Just mad i didnt do more...

Comment

Man that makes me
          I bow to your cooking prowess
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

Love em!
            sigpic

Comment

Looks great jim....Not many left in the bay anymore...300 years ago the beds grew 15 feet out of the water and at the maritime museum they have one as big as a volleyball from long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                Looks great jim....Not many left in the bay anymore...300 years ago the beds grew 15 feet out of the water and at the maritime museum they have one as big as a volleyball from long time ago...
                thanks alex

lucky cavemen.... I am addicted to oysters, gulf coast, canadian, Washington state.. whatever.. they are all good.

Comment

Been getting them live $20 for 5 dozen in shell, small - med or large. Bout time to get some more
                  sigpic

Comment

I love em too. I just throw em on the grill unshucked, as they cook eventually they open on their own, then I just peel back the lid, add garlic/chive butter, let em bubble a minute longer, top with hotsauce. Bingo!
                    Welcome to the club, I'll never go back to fryed.
                    JT

Comment

Those are some good looking oysters. Being out here in the wild west, all we get here are Rocky Mountain Oysters. They are just a little bit different than the ones you get.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Now that's some awesome looking oysters!!
                        ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                          I love em too. I just throw em on the grill unshucked, as they cook eventually they open on their own, then I just peel back the lid, add garlic/chive butter, let em bubble a minute longer, top with hotsauce. Bingo!
                          Welcome to the club, I'll never go back to fryed.

next batch (asap) I am going to try some unshucked and shucked and see which I like better.

Comment

Maybe a little of this before the Mariner's -v- White Sox series?

sigpic

Comment

I like the way you think,

Comment

Working...
                              X