Grilled Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Pizza

I managed to shoot a couple of pics of last night's pizza.

We bought the dough. One bag I was happy with, one was a bear to work with, it didn't stretch very well. I really should make my own, but at 99 cents a bag, it's hard to turn down.

I cut each dough into two pieces stretch it out, oil one side and grill it. I do this on high heat. Then remove, oil the raw side flip over and top the pizza. Here it is 1/2 raw, topped waiting to get on the grill for finishing.

The second step of cooking is a bit harder, because you want to fully melt the cheese before burning the bottom. I crank up the heat, get the pizza on and turn down the flame.

I'm impressed by you guys who get round pizzas, mine are usually more abstract.

Those look great.
    Wish I could find dough for that cheap, I'd make pizza more often.
    Gotta try one grilled, have cooked many in a restaurant I worked at but never tried one.
    Thanks to your post I will now.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

My bro always likes to go to one of those "take-n-bake" pizza place and cook 'em on his traeger. The garlic chicken is especially good when done that way. Mmm, smoky goodness.
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

Boy I have to try that soon
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Look'en good, brother - Look'en GOOD!

Comment

Nice pizza. Ya know regular angle iron cut to length will replace the flavorizer bars in you grill, and last almost forever. I think it looks like a gas weber....

Comment

Man....ain't no pizza cat....I sure wANNA get on this gig! Ya done er right not being round er SqUare!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Lee,

It's a BBQ Grillware, it was a "Best Buy" at Lowe's a few years back. It's not as nice as a Weber (I've used them), but it was $200 tops. I've kept a cover on it, so it's still in nice shape about 6 years later. I do need to replace the flavorizer bars and the grates. I live less than an hour from NYC, welding is about as foreign here as bbq, but I've been following the threads and learning! There is a welding shop not far. What exactly should I ask for?

Thanks for the tip!

And for those of you "afraid" of making your own pizza. It's easy. Stretching the dough is the hardest part. If I could learn how to smoke a pork butt and a brisket, most of you should be able to make a pizza in your sleep!

Comment

If you've got a weber, there is no better piece of cook ware to grill a pizza. I do exactly the method you spelled out on a weber but the final stage I put the lid on and reduce the vents. It jacks up the smoke and heat w/o the scorching flame. and it finishes baking the dough. Just my take. awesome stuff man, keep it smokin!
                  JT

Comment

The Van Gogh of pizza man! they look farken delicious, I love the abstract shape, they are winners in my book! Do you deliver?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Bbqgoddess, There are more than a few dishes you've posted that I'd love to trade for a few pizzas.

Comment

most of you should be able to make a pizza in your sleep!
                        Could mess the sheets up some

Love the idea of outdoor pizza, those look pretty good.

Definitely something to try.

Don't need to buy dough. just throw the ingredients in the bread machine and wait for an hour or so :-)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                        X