Some Earth Day Garden Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Earth Day Garden Pics

I am on the other ideological spectrum as most folks celebrating this day...Prolly not a coincidence that today is LENIN'S birthday....

Most of my garlic,shallots harvested last july will start to sprout shortly,so i have been dehydrating alot for powders,salts etc...

Some of the smaller shallots left...

The taste of these dehydrated and popped in your mouth is crazy good...Sweet etc...Goes well with my garlic powder or on its own...

Another batch

Starting to dehydrate leeks as well...

Peppers and Tomatoes are hardened off and with great weather have been on deck 90% of april...

About 70 peppers

Peppers are not yellow..just the tree pollen

About 50 plus tomatoes

This years leeks in cat litter pan

Seeds Kyote sent me are 10 days into germinating...

Garlic and large storage onions i had posted in another thread doing excellent

some of this years shallots

50 feet of snow peas coming strong...They will be 4 foot up fence by next month

Tilled the bean,squash,gord area other day...

Have just this 30x60 foot area left to till...With the patch i till in front of shed for the elderly neighbor..Garden is probably 200 feet x 80 feet...

20 pound garden cat-ASTRO-

I think this performance by george carlin sums up my thoughts on most earth day types....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw

Everything we have here is a hill, 400 sq. feet of raised beds is it.That is an awesome garden.
    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Man....i'm doin my bestest with Louie....ol sandy soil & heat....we tryin. Do have the compost gig goin like ya told me. You Rock Cat Daddy! Fine garden....
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Damn Alex!!!
        I am in AWE again! your are da man!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

What she said!

You got one heck of a green thumb, my friend! Makes my little o'l 60X60 garden spot look like a cat box!

Good on ya!

Comment

Fantastic garden, I can;t wait to get mine started.
            Col. Big Guy

Comment

george carlin and his thoughts for today. great. I guess he is banned in cal.

hey Alx what do you do to keep the critters out of the garden? are do you have them there.
              the last two places back I had. I keep the wild life fed well.lol. plant stuff, in the morning a little stick would be where the plant was. the jack rabbits where I was at were terrible. heck they would even girdle the trees and bush's.
              very nice jardin'..
              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Shoot Alex...my entire property isnt 200X80...Thats a buncha garden...I work with a space about 30X40...And we do pretty well with that small area...I dont know where you find the time to take care of so much acreage...where is the little envious smiley thingy...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                  george carlin and his thoughts for today. great. I guess he is banned in cal.

hey Alx what do you do to keep the critters out of the garden? are do you have them there.
                  the last two places back I had. I keep the wild life fed well.lol. plant stuff, in the morning a little stick would be where the plant was. the jack rabbits where I was at were terrible. heck they would even girdle the trees and bush's.
                  very nice jardin'..

I have a big buck coming around last 2 years...He ate parts of a few peppers and left....I shoot the ground hogs...

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Shoot Alex...my entire property isnt 200X80...Thats a buncha garden...I work with a space about 30X40...And we do pretty well with that small area...I dont know where you find the time to take care of so much acreage...where is the little envious smiley thingy...
                  I have just figured out a good schedule after many years...The most time consuming will be planting the peppers/tomatoes.....I spend maybe an hour everynight and 1/2 day or so every weekend....I did waste alot of time untill i nailed a good schedule and i keep logs to remind me of schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                    I have a big buck coming around last 2 years...He ate parts of a few peppers and left....
                    Looking good, Alex!! We have friend who heard from another friend to use Irish Spring soap to keep the deer away. Our friend has gone crazy with this in her veggie and flower gardens...she has Irish Spring hanging all over her gardens and so far it has helped. The deer aren't eating her lilies and hostas like they usually do. She's hoping it will save her veggies, too.

Supposedly the deer mistake the smell of the deodorant soap for humans and leave. We're going to try this, too, in my parent's garden and hope for good results!
                    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                    Pink Thermapen
                    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                      Looking good, Alex!! We have friend who heard from another friend to use Irish Spring soap to keep the deer away. Our friend has gone crazy with this in her veggie and flower gardens...she has Irish Spring hanging all over her gardens and so far it has helped. The deer aren't eating her lilies and hostas like they usually do. She's hoping it will save her veggies, too.

Supposedly the deer mistake the smell of the deodorant soap for humans and leave. We're going to try this, too, in my parent's garden and hope for good results!
                      I will try this.THANKS.....The deer hang out down by the river and my field seems to be a gathering point early morning...Never seen them...I can definetly place the soap in strategic positions...

I have been lucky so far with minimal damage,but obviously with severe damage i will go into over-drive...

Comment

Working...
                      X