File Cabinet Smoker Update 04-23-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Cabinet Smoker Update 04-23-2010

Got some more work done on the file cabinet smoker today. I got the two halves bolted up, the bottom rail angle iron attached for the wheels. Tomorrow I'll plug the excess holes and attach the door flashing,, install the door latch, attach the exhaust and burn it off. Then I'll brush it down, paint it up and attach the wheels.

Hopefully the iron shop will have my grates finished tomorrow so I can put it to use Sunday.
    sigpic

Looks like it will turn out great, almost looks like it has a smiley face.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Sweet David That baby is gonna be q'ing in no time...
      sigpic

Comment

It used to look like a face. Now the holes are all plugged up, the door latch is on. Thats as far as I got before the rain came today. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get the door flashing on and burn it off. Iron shop didn't get the grates done by today either. Plus I realized today I forgot to make a very important item -- I forgot to make a basket for the lump. Gonna have to go get another sheet of expanded metal.
        sigpic

Comment

Cabinet smokers are the bomb for easy access to your meats... A buddy of mine has one that is a 5 drawer.. He has been smoking in it for years...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Lots of extra cabinets in these parts...Damn...either i am gonna do kens deal(like the wood) or i will go with the file cabinet...I need a hanging rig...

Comment

That will be interesting to see in operation. Good job, David.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

looking good - but paint ?
                can't be a U.C.S if you go and paint it lol
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

This is my second file cabinet build, the other was a 4 drawer heavy duty government surplus. I traded it years ago to a friend for a riding lawn mower. Big mistake, rider is dead and gone, friend still has the smoker and loves it.

But this is the first time I used 2 separate 2 drawer cabinets and joined them together. Bracing this thing up and sealing it was a real chore. Not being able to weld anymore has made this even more difficult than what I thought it would.

Sorry CA, got to paint it. It will still be a UCS just as a drum is still a UDS after paint. This one will definitely be black. Trying to find a decent pig made out of iron or steel to mount to the top. Might just have to take a 1/4" sheet and have my son cut it out with a torch.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X