Mini Sausage Smoke House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Sausage Smoke House

It's been a long time coming.. I started this some time back. In fact it was going to be built and called The OTBS 134 right after I finished Project X..

I have a hell of a time baby sitting my Okie Joe LongHorn when I smoke sausage... So I wanted something that would go between 100 & 180* with ease...

I started with 1x6x48 white pine.. I plan on sealing it with water seal..

Built and ready to insulate...

I really need to get rid of some of the shit I have in my shop...

1 1/2" insulation R-6

Laid the insulation in and used a electric staple gun to secure it..

Not sure where the pics of me putting the door on and casters... But...

I used a Siemens remote bulb stat... It will go from 100* to 240*

1500 watt element..

Its not the best build I have done... I just dont have all my wood shop tools anymore.. I thought I was finished with that stage of my life.. So skill saw and the simple hand tools..

I still have the temp bulb to install along with the door thermometers, and the dowel holders for the sausage...

Hope more to come tomorrow ....
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

That looks great Ken. I need something like that also for sausage and bacon. Looks like it will do the job!
    Keith

Comment

wow.......nice........

just in wood material, what do you think you got wrapped up in it?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Dang it Ken...now I get to blame it on your when I decided to build my own mini-smoke house!

That really looks good! Where did you get your element? Is it a standard oven element?
        ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

That is a nice job
          sigpic
          Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
          Great Out doors grill
          Brinkman verticle
          And one great UDS
          Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Looks great.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
              wow.......nice........

just in wood material, what do you think you got wrapped up in it?

I would say around 160-175 bones so far.. The stat was around 50, Element 30, wood around 40-50, insulation and steal bottom plate around 30..

It will be worth it.. I wanted to use some old barn wood that was down at the property, but the rancher burned it all... So I would have saved some there... I did think about making it out of old fence slats... People around here are always replacing fence panels.. It would have looked cool.. All weathered

Originally posted by ptt49er View Post
              Dang it Ken...now I get to blame it on your when I decided to build my own mini-smoke house!

That really looks good! Where did you get your element? Is it a standard oven element?

It is a replacement / charcoal conversion element for the ECB.. Bass Pro sells them. Or just get it from Brinkmann's website..
              Ken

Comment

damn........i was just asking about the wood............thats not bad for the entire build so far.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

hope there will be a measured drawing, for those of us, that needs em.......LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                    hope there will be a measured drawing, for those of us, that needs em.......LOLOL

I guess I could.. I was kinda winging it..
                    Ken

Comment

That's cool, Ken.

I might have to make something like that for jerky, Canadian bacon, etc.

Will the element give you what you need for smoke generation and still keep the temp where you want it or will you have to add a smoke generator? What did you use over the top of the insulation?

Dave
                      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                      UDS 1.0
                      Afterburner
                      Weber Performer
                      Blue Thermapen
                      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                      Auber Smoker Controller
                      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                      -
                      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                        That's cool, Ken.

I might have to make something like that for jerky, Canadian bacon, etc.

Will the element give you what you need for smoke generation and still keep the temp where you want it or will you have to add a smoke generator? What did you use over the top of the insulation?

Dave

I plan on using a pie pan and wood chips or dust.. Not sure if chunks will work.. I dont want to put anything on the element.. So it will be just above it.. It should smoke fine.. But what do I know about watt burners..
                        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          I plan on using a pie pan and wood chips or dust.. Not sure if chunks will work.. I dont want to put anything on the element.. So it will be just above it.. It should smoke fine.. But what do I know about watt burners..
                          Nice work Ken ..... I think you will like being able to dial the temp in on it & not have to tend it, especially for sausage. I have an MES and besides it being tempramental, I love the ease of use. Yours appears to be the perfect size also for what I would like someday. Regarding the old barn & fence wood, my uncle builds stuff outta that & people pay BIG CASH for that stuff...... Great build & good luck with it.....

OH.... Is the wiring of it pretty simple?

for the Boss
                          Last edited by Fishawn; 04-24-2010, 06:43 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Now that is one sweet build Ken .very nice!
                            2-22.5'' weber
                            1-18'' weber
                            1 smokey joe
                            22.5'' wsm
                            24'' smoke vault
                            1-outhouse
                            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

great job.... if i ever get the hunny do list caught up... hell who am i kiddin' i'll just live vicariously thru you...

again great job
                              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X