Anyone have a slicer like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a slicer like this?

... I do now! Picked up my dad's slicer today, along with a plazma cutter! It was a good day

A little grubby from storage, but this beast is a good one. Thought I would show it off a little.

After I get it cleaned up, hopefully I'll find something to test it out on.
    Thanks for checking out my post, if anyone has info to pass forward on this slicer, it is welcomed.

sure looks healthy. checked google and there is plenty of help there are so it seems. Berkel food slicer pops up. but need a model # for manuals and parts.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Berkel makes a great slicer. I just rebuilt our two Hobarts and they can be a real job. It's good to see that you have a sharpener that is working. Both of ours were broken or froze up so we had to drop 3 bills to get a new one. Oh Well at least I know my tuition dollars went to good use.
      Ryan

Graduate Research Assistant
      Animal and Food Sciences
      University of Kentucky

Comment

Looks pretty beefy to me
        sigpic

Comment

i like old things.........
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

You know what we'll be testing that out on, Tracey. That sure does look heavy duty and from all I know about slicers, Berkel makes/made a good one.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

very nice you will be slicing in style
              sigpic
              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
              Great Out doors grill
              Brinkman verticle
              And one great UDS
              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Wow I wish I could find one like it...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  You know what we'll be testing that out on, Tracey. That sure does look heavy duty and from all I know about slicers, Berkel makes/made a good one.
                  YEAH BUDDY!

Originally posted by UKMeatCutter View Post
                  Berkel makes a great slicer. I just rebuilt our two Hobarts and they can be a real job. It's good to see that you have a sharpener that is working. Both of ours were broken or froze up so we had to drop 3 bills to get a new one. Oh Well at least I know my tuition dollars went to good use.
                  UK - hey! I don't believe we've met, so welcome aboard!
                  Now that we are friends , sounds like you have some good experience with these slicers. The tag on the front, which I assume held the make/model #, is worn down and not legible.

Only # I can find on it is molded into the main caste underneath - 2620B.

So.. did a search, and yeah found the same thing $299 for the sharpener that looks like mine!

so again, if any one out there has any info that will help me identify this thing, I would appreciate it.

Seems to help with the Mrs's when all of the sudden my BBQ "!@$#" is worth something...

thanks, guys

Comment

SWEET!!!

Man, now I have slicer envy big time...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

It is in great shape.. How old do you think it is??
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                        ... I do now! Picked up my dad's slicer today, along with a plazma cutter! It was a good day

Sweet slicer...so are ya gonna leave us hanging on the plasma cutter? So, whaddya get?
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          Sweet slicer...so are ya gonna leave us hanging on the plasma cutter? So, whaddya get?
                          Ha! Since this is a "meat" forum, I thought I would just wait and see if there was in interest.

It's a Miller Spectrum 375 Cut mate. Cool thing is it has a 115/225 switch on the back so I don't have to add another 225 plug to my shed to run it and the air compressor!

So... for everyone else, this is a "light duty" plazma cutter - good up to about a 1/4". Got it because my dad picked up a big boy (good up 1") at an auction last weekend for $400!

I've only played with a plazma cutter once (cut out the aluminum road sign for my WOK lid with this same machine), so I'm definitely a newbie.

Very excited to play with it. Apparently they will cut anything but glass and wood. Can't wait to try it on fiberglass and plastic. I'm told that if you use the aluminum heat tape, tape it on fiberglass or plastic in order to create the ground, you can zip through it!

Dana - give me some tips! (advice - not cutter tips..)

Comment

Good job on the slicer and cutter-plasma. Good score...
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, now that's a nice slicer. And the plasma cutter sounds cool too.

Did some searching. Sounds like it's been bought out, but the name is still being used. They liked to use 3 numbers and a letter. So maybe a 620B?

Here try this place: http://www.berkelmidwest.com/

Maybe they can at least help you identify it for sure. Hope it helps.

Here's another cool site that Muley or Mossy told us about.

http://www.onesharpstore.com/page/page/1736796.htm
                              Last edited by RowdyRay; 04-25-2010, 10:56 AM.
                              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X