Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc-it

http://www.disc-it.com/about_us.php

they even have a chili roaster that goes on one.

saw them today at the onion festival. heavy duty.
    and over 200 designs plus you can design your own.

can not smoke on it. but make some great sides maybe.
    Last edited by Kyote; 06-08-2016, 06:28 AM.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

seenem called DHD,s..... or dang hot discs... and made actually from blades from a disc... not sure but i think they weld the center shut and grind the top side smoothe so it has a nice cooking surface... theres a guy on a different forum uses them alot....
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

be nice if the web site would show some pics of what it is they are selling.
      At least, I couldn't find any

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

So what are these discs? Are the same type of discs we use on our agriculture equipment or what?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
          http://www.disc-it.com/about_us.php

can not smoke on it. but make some great sides maybe.
          BASTAGES!!!

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6726

Actually, you can cook just about anything on a wok. I've even cooked dutch oven style whop pop biscuits on mine.

No smoking obviously, but anything else is fair game. If I could choose but ONE cooking device... it would be my WOK.

I've taken my with from South Dakota, the high country of Colorado, and South to Arizona where I caught the crappie!

Another $1,000,000 idea stolen away....

Comment

Damn....This whole time i just set my wok on my gas canning/frying rig...

Comment

most of the ones around here. ( they are very big in the mexican culture) are made from a border plow disc. which are very hard metal and the square hole in the center of the disc are welded shut. and are very heavy duty. the handles are normal old horse shoes they weld on. I have to say they work excellent.
              these are not the border disc. but are made in argentina as I believe they are used there alot also. this guy gets them and sandblast them to make them smoother and use's a silica are pecan shell to make a smoother finish on them.
              his CNC plasma cutter works great. from what I saw very well done.
              as far as more photos. I beleive you can get them by contacting them, I did not realy surf thier site.
              but the small one page brouchere I picked up showed three differnt styles. the disc, a flat one (griddle style) and a chili roaster.
              and states over 200 differnt designs, which I think is for the legs and handles on them. from golf club legs to kyotes holden it up.lol.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Well then, I have an entire case of 24" discs in the barn. Maybe I should put one of my sons to work with the welder. Never even looked at them as being similar to a WOK. Great tip Kyote, great tip.

Me see's a new project coming up, maybe sooner than later.
                sigpic

Comment

it's a wok on top of a burner.

can't remember who but one of our members has a giant outdoor wok setup !
                  puts that piddly little thing to shame
                  Attached Files
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                    Well then, I have an entire case of 24" discs in the barn. Maybe I should put one of my sons to work with the welder. Never even looked at them as being similar to a WOK. Great tip Kyote, great tip.

Me see's a new project coming up, maybe sooner than later.
                    Very cool, David. I know another member looking for a disc to do exactly the same thing. I'm guessing they are JD 24'rs??

Anyway, his name rhymes with RBQ Engineer... and according to google maps, you guys are neighbors!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                      Very cool, David. I know another member looking for a disc to do exactly the same thing. I'm guessing they are JD 24'rs??

Anyway, his name rhymes with RBQ Engineer... and according to google maps, you guys are neighbors!
                      That they would be, JD24. Well if he is looking I better I hide them. Been a few years, almost 4 since I bought them last and they were nowhere near this price. But you can only grind them down so many times. Eventually you have to replace them.
                      sigpic

Comment

At my work we have a pretty good collection of these discs. We run the discs backwards mounted in front of the road grader to break up the wind row (gravel/weed clumps) off the gravel roads. I may have to "invest" in a couple.....

I will bet John Deere never thought he would be improving Chinese Cuisine !!!
                        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

It is simply amazing some of the ideas we all work ourselves into. I love this hobby.
                          sigpic

Comment

found this in the deep bowels of the forum. the link has some pretty kool things.

and more pimped up then the others. get two give one for Christmas.lol..

Comment

Working...
                            X