Louie's Lavender Bread & 88's Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louie's Lavender Bread & 88's Loin

Been wanting some DO bread. Went the simple route & got this at Publix. Made it like it said & Louie threw in 2 tbs of Lavender. Rubbed butter in the bottom & sides of the DO. Got the oven at 500 with the lid in there. Put the lid on the DO & back in for 30 minutes. Then I pulled the lid of an turned it to broil & monitored for browness. What a fine smell.

I did a pork loin. Injected it with a Jim Beam Teriyaki stuff someone gave me for Christmas. Then brushed it on top of the loin. Pulled at 160 used pecan wood. Really moist & tasted great .

Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Looks great, how did you like the lavender taste?

Comment

Bread and loin look great... Did you make sammies??
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by two-eyes-up View Post
        Looks great, how did you like the lavender taste?
        I like it, She has about six Lavender plants in the yard. The woman loves the stuff. She also makes cookies with it.
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good looking vittles!

sigpic

Comment

yeah looks good - depends on the variety of lavender though.
            We've got soe on the balcony I used in some sausage last year - had areal savoury taste to it.
            That'd make a good flavouriing for bread but the more flowery stuff probably wouldn't.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
            X