tenderquik.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenderquik.

When I bought my bag of tenderquik some 6 or 8 months ago I put it in a zip lock. In the cabinet how long is it good for or is there no throw away date.

I think it just keeps on giving, not 100% on this but I have had some for way more than a year and it has always done it's job.

Comment

Long time!

I want to hear and educated opinion on this but I have to think that this is a natural mineral and will probably last almost indefinitely. That's only my guess though. Anyone else?

Dave

Comment

I think it's just curing salts & maybe sugar?

RICH!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I did a search and most of the chemicals involved are already thousands of years old before mining so.................................

Comment

True, Kind of like asking if salt has a shelf live. We where tearing down some mobile homes today and I pulled the stove out with the back hoe out came the pots and pans and the big salt box. I laughed and told one of the guys I would eat some for 20 bucks. He said he did not want to drive me to the ER. I guess he failed to realize what salt was used for in the old days.
            Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
            I did a search and most of the chemicals involved are already thousands of years old before mining so.................................

Comment

I have been using the same bag going on two years now. No caking or problems... Just keep it in a dry place..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

it'll keep forever.

bizarrely the cure salt I buy does havea run out date on the packet !
                they reckonj it's good for about 6 months.

Who are they trying to kid lol
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Mine was sitting at our cabin for 6 months through the winter. Then in our cold dark damp basement for two. Found it sitting on a box when our basement got some water in it. No caking no wet spots. Smelled just fine. Should know thueday just how good it was. Another two or four loins and I will need some more.
                  Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  I have been using the same bag going on two years now. No caking or problems... Just keep it in a dry place..

Comment

Working...
                  X