Smoked Cheese using the NEW A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cheese using the NEW A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Well I finally got around to trying out my NEW "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER" Cold Smoker and let me tell you It is AWESOME!!!

I decided to do Cheese for my first smoke with it and it worked like a champ. It is totally "SET IT AND FORGET IT" for smoking cheese.

I decided to let the cheese smoke as long as the saw dust lasted.

Here are some of the qview at the start. I will post the finished qview when it is done
    smoking.

Left to Right: Top 2 Rows; Baby Swiss, Mozzarella, Co-Jack
    Bottom Row; Regular Swiss

Left to Right: Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, American Cheese

Mozzarella Sticks (Inspired by bearcarver)

Loaded Smoker

A-MAZE-N-SMOKER Loaded

A-MAZE-N-SMOKER Started

Looks good.What is this a-maze-n smoker you speak of?So much for being regular.
    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

i haven't had a chance to try mine yet............
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

http://www.amazenproducts.com

I have a feeling these things are going to be VERY POPULAR...

The one I have is the smaller 6x6 size. I would suggest buying the larger size.

The 6x8 would provide more versatility because it would have a longer smoke time If fully loaded for longer smokes or you can partially fill it for shorter smokes.

Comment

Interesting PAUL...Thanks for the link....Never used the dust,but would not be hard for me too make etc...Let us know your observations....

Comment

Interesting thread ... Please keep us informed as to your thoughts on this product ...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              Interesting PAUL...Thanks for the link....Never used the dust,but would not be hard for me too make etc...Let us know your observations....
              Never used it myself either.
              Thought about putting a bucket under the wood every time I'm cutting some for smoking.
              Bet the cheese is gonna be great!
              I did some mozz sticks recently and they came out great, thought I would pull them a few days early to test and figured they would be fine since they were smaller but 10 days and 14 days made a huge difference on mellow wonderful smoke flavor.
              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics and info. When you say cold smoke, what temps are you referring too?
                GOSM Big Block
                Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
                Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
                Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

interesting looking bit of kit - also cheap and priced to sell.
                  And if you get 8 hours cold smoke from 4 oz dust - then $3.95 for a pound is a fairly economical way to cold smoke.

it also looks real easy to make at home ;-)

I think I'd personally make the 'maze' walls from ceramic tiles as they would not transmit sufficient heat to ignite the dust in the next corridor.

interesting idea all round.

oh yeah and nice looking cheese too :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Very interesting. I do not cut wood so no saw dust here so where do I buy it? Second can one use pellets in it instead of saw dust?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richoso1 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing the pics and info. When you say cold smoke, what temps are you referring too?
                      When I smoked the cheese all I did was lite the sawdust, I did not use any electric, propane or charcoal to add heat. The smoker did not raise the temp of the inside of the smoker cabinet. Therefore you could use it to smoke anything at any temp without over heating what you are smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        interesting looking bit of kit - also cheap and priced to sell.
                        And if you get 8 hours cold smoke from 4 oz dust - then $3.95 for a pound is a fairly economical way to cold smoke.

it also looks real easy to make at home ;-)

I think I'd personally make the 'maze' walls from ceramic tiles as they would not transmit sufficient heat to ignite the dust in the next corridor.

interesting idea all round.

oh yeah and nice looking cheese too :-)
                        Butcher and Packer has 5# of hickory sawdust for $5.25 and Cherry and Mesquite for $8.50 and Apple for $12.50. That makes it's operation super cheap...
                        http://www.butcher-packer.com/index....x&cPath=31_132

Originally posted by Savannahsmoker View Post
                        Very interesting. I do not cut wood so no saw dust here so where do I buy it? Second can one use pellets in it instead of saw dust?
                        I got the smoker here http://www.amazenproducts.com

You can get sawdust at many places, Butcher and Packer has 5# of hickory sawdust for $5.25 and Cherry and Mesquite for $8.50 and Apple for $12.50. That makes it's operation super cheap...

Not sure it would work with pellets but sawdust is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
                          Butcher and Packer has 5# of hickory sawdust for $5.25 and Cherry and Mesquite for $8.50 and Apple for $12.50. That makes it's operation super cheap...

I got the smoker here http://www.amazenproducts.com

You can get sawdust at many places, Butcher and Packer has 5# of hickory sawdust for $5.25 and Cherry and Mesquite for $8.50 and Apple for $12.50. That makes it's operation super cheap...

Not sure it would work with pellets but sawdust is cheap.
                          I tried adding some chips to the sawdust and it does not burn well - the sawdust burns at too low a temp is my guess to ignite the chips - if it was all one type it might work. Todd is putting together a package with the sawdust and the smoker so I would go that way for sure as he is grinding it to his spec to make sure it works
                          Scarbelly

Comment

Here is what it came out looking like, It could probably have used a little less smoke...

We taste tested first and then vacuum sealed the rest...

Comment

Cool!

That looks great. Neat toy too. Think I'm gonna get me one of those!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X