uds build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uds build question

quick question for the exp uds folk what exactly does extending the intake up the side of the uds????? thanks jim...

Originally posted by jimmyz View Post
    quick question for the exp uds folk what exactly does extending the intake up the side of the uds????? thanks jim...
    Makes it so you don't have to bend over to adjust the intake. Although I don't need to adjust mine that much so it never really bothers me. And I'm not exactly skinny.

I would contend that it the longer pipe also inhibits the draw but I know many folks set theirs up that way and it seems to work.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I'm with Dave....hardly make any adjusments. When it gets to temp, I know one cap off & valve at about a 3rd to half....works for me just right.
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I did the pipe intake later on after using my drum for awhile.

The real advantage is being able to see how open that ball is. I can fine tune how open I want it to correct temps by seeing the amount it's open rather than just turning the handle at the bottom.

It's a very inexpensive mod, and I would suggest trying it

Comment

Just makes it easier fer folks. I never bothered with it on mine, I can gauge the openess of the ball with the handle. Just takes time ta learn the runnins a yer drum an only smokin with it will give ya that. Lots a ways ta build em, so ya just gotta try what works best fer ya. I like ta keep em simple cause that be what they are, a simple easy ta use smoker what works great.
          sigpic

Comment

uds

thanks guys alot of good info from this site i will have some pics up tonight or in the morning and ill have a few more questions as we go along i appreciate all the feed back this is by far the best site thanks jz,,,,,

Comment

Working...
            X