first butt on the uglys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first butt on the uglys

so sat morning i got up and fires my smokers up. i used kingsford comp briquettes man do they burn a lil hotter than the normal ones lol . so i fired it up let it start and mellow out down to about 240.so i brined my butts for 8 hours rubbed them up a lil with a honky rub .....

this was my first butt durring the cook i sprayed a lil honky liquid concoction on them while the cooked about evey hour... ill tell u what if it wasnt for honky helping me out it would have taken me a long time to make them taste this good i was amazed and impressed thanks honky for the coaching.. it turned out great

so i hope u all enjoy thanks for all ur help .. will be doing a brisket and ribs this weekend hopping they turn out as well as the butt.... a lil note for my fellow uds users i put about 12 lbs charcoal mix in a lil bit of chunked wood 12 + hours burn held temp steady .. woke up next morning it was still 200 deg uds are the shitt thanks jz

Nice job with dem butts! You right about a UDS being the shiznit!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Whatch you mean honky?

Pork looked great, I sure wouldn't mind a sandwich of that
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
        Whatch you mean honky?

Pork looked great, I sure wouldn't mind a sandwich of that
        uncle honky......... he knows his butts.... brine rub spritzer ummmmm hes da shit.....lol thanks again honky cant waitt till this weekend.......jz

Comment

Great Work Love that double drum setup you got their Honky's a good teach for sure..... He can even bake cakes
          sigpic

Comment

Very nice! And props to Coach Honky. Looks delicious.
            Keith

Comment

Off the hook good looking....We all need a uncle honky....

Comment

I have brined turkeys, but I have never brined a butt.

Might I inquire as to your method?
                A large BGE and a plethora of Weber kettles, and a bunch of cast iron... the finer things in life.

Comment

Looks great!!

Originally posted by jimmyz View Post
                  i used kingsford comp briquettes man do they burn a lil hotter than the normal ones lol .
                  Yep, they do. They smell nicer when they're lighting than the West Coast Blue Bag stuff too.

I use Kingsford Comp in my drum too. I like 'em -- good heat and not too much ash. Can't get decent lump around here and it works good in the drum.

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I'd hit that butt...errr, ahhh...make a sammich outta that pulled pork...yeah, that's it make a sammie!

Great looking smoke Jimmy
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

i will put up my brine recipe that i started with from uncle honky...

Comment

Ooooh yeah man...I bagged that butt!! Err, I mean I got a sample baggie of that butt! Damn sure tasting on the right fine side of delightful, no doubt about that ...YEAH COME ON, that's a big 10-4
                        I have been taught a thousand and 1 lessons here at S-M. The least I could do is pass what I can on to the next willing individual! Hell, even if Jimmy is related! Yeehaw. Damn sure good looking smoke brother Jim. And ya came through with the Qview!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Great Work Love that double drum setup you got their Honky's a good teach for sure..... He can even bake cakes
                        Aaah shucks Scott! Thanks bud. Hell I've eaten a few cakes in me life that have..... had me baked Been there done that Yuck..yuck..snicker..yuck...Roscoe Pico......Honky(big azz smiley salutin' y'all!)
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hey Jimmy, nice butt! LOL!
                          it looks right on the money man!!! you boys doing a brisket this weekend? sheeesh... we on for Memorial weekend??

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Great job on your first Butt Jimmy. Kudos...
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            KCBS CBJ

Comment

good looking pp.

You're a lucky man having The Honk on tap for knowlege.
                              Sure should cut out a lot of the learning process :-)
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X