minnesota garden in finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minnesota garden in finally

well hopefully there be no more frosts this year... in this pic we have cauliflower.

up close with the nail so the cutworm cant chew plant off...

2 rows of cabbage for kraut...there is some red cabbage on the end to the right.

tomatoes, some of them anyway, 24 plants in all.

sis did a fine job starting them from seed!!!

jalepenos, abts in the horizon hopefully.

my sis also started these for me from seed.

the fences i made from cattle panels, have a cupla muskmelon plants on one, various cucumbers, and pole beans planted. also planted are carrots, beets, radishes, pickling cucumbers, squash, and a cupla pumkins.

i had to include a pic of the trailer my mom gave me, was the first thing her and my dad bought in the late 40's when they moved out to thhe farm. turns out it is somekind of army jeep trailer. when i had it out front i had people stopping all the time to try and buy it off me. dont know what its worth but had a guy offer me 500 bucks for it. funny thing is i was thinking of getting rid of it. but now i cant seem to pull the trigger and sell it.

my lil orchard

and some pics of my little wild things growing in the lilacs on the edge of the orchard, they will be harvested this w/e.

Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Nice looking garden you have going...

I don't think I would let that trailer go if I were you. It sounds like it may have been WWII surplus and would therefore command a big price...

Comment

erain, you might want to look here about your trailer... It looks to be made by Bantam for WWII and is highly collectible...

http://bantamt3c.com/

Comment

nice work. i have that same trailer but bigger.i bought mine for $75 so i guess i should see what it's worth-i'd take $500 for it yesterday.
        here's a pic.
        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
        cast iron Hibachi
        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
        & rotisserator
        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
        my music recordings-
        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Nice looking garden, Erain. I hadn't heard about the nail for cutworms. My mom used to wrap the roots in a small piece of newspaper to keep them away.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Beautiful garden, and I love Morels, I think I'll take a break this afternoon and get out to pick some.
            Col. Big Guy

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
              nice work. i have that same trailer but bigger.i bought mine for $75 so i guess i should see what it's worth-i'd take $500 for it yesterday.
              here's a pic.
              I think your trailer is a lot newer than erain's. his appears to be a Bantam T3, not the sides of the trailer, yours are different,. Bantam was the original Jeep designer and the design was taken away from them and given to Willys and Ford because the government didn't think Bantam could produce them fast enough. so Bantam made a lot of Jeep accessories like the trailer..

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...antam-trailer/

Comment

Nice garden, Erain. I would love to have all that room! Great looking plants your sister started, too. And yeah, don't get rid of that trailer.

Enjoy those mushrooms this weekend!
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

excellent pictures :-)

Love the closups of the morels.

One thing I did notice, looks like you cut the morels at the stem - don't do this pluck the whole thing and cut the base once it's picked.

Otherwise the part that's left can rot back and damage the mycelium, which we definitely don't want !

IT's a solid rule of thumb for picking any mushrooms, pick, then cut never cut from the ground.

And are you sure just the two rows of cabbage for the saurkraut ?
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nice garden! I'll get some pic's of my sand & palmetto bush garden
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great looking garden.
                      Keith

Comment

Sure is a nice garden and love the shot of the morels.

What kinds of tomatoes do you have in the ground?
                        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Dang nice work there E...Looks like it will be a freakin tomato forest
                          Good luck on the frost...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Great looking garden E, very nice! I agree, don't sell the trailer... butt you could turn it into a smoker!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
                              erain, you might want to look here about your trailer... It looks to be made by Bantam for WWII and is highly collectible...

http://bantamt3c.com/
                              it is indeed a bantam bt-3 trailer, i got kind of curious when the guy offered me the cash so i was already checking it out LOL. thks for the link.

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                              Nice looking garden, Erain. I hadn't heard about the nail for cutworms. My mom used to wrap the roots in a small piece of newspaper to keep them away.
                              my mom always did the nail thing too, it does work though.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              excellent pictures :-)

Love the closups of the morels.

One thing I did notice, looks like you cut the morels at the stem - don't do this pluck the whole thing and cut the base once it's picked.

Otherwise the part that's left can rot back and damage the mycelium, which we definitely don't want !

IT's a solid rule of thumb for picking any mushrooms, pick, then cut never cut from the ground.

And are you sure just the two rows of cabbage for the saurkraut ?
                              i dunno CA, everything i have heard is you never want to pull the morel from the ground. shoot me a link bud.

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                              Sure is a nice garden and love the shot of the morels.

What kinds of tomatoes do you have in the ground?
                              well it aint close to what you and ALX have going on but i love my fresh veggies as well as canning and freezing for winter. this year i have those consteletto genovese as my main mater for canning. also planted are black krim, black from tula, persimmon, marcelano, cherokee purple, gary ibsen gold, piccolo cherry. i think it was last year you told me to try the tulas.
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X