No announcement yet.

Heat and bugs are here. The war is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat and bugs are here. The war is on!

Last week it was the caterpillars that had arrived. I picked off a few by hand and then sprayed some BT and it looks like that stopped them for now. Lost one tomato so the score is Bugs-1, Me-0.

This morning I find several of these little guys( he's the blurry yellow thing in the picture). He is sucking on the broken stem of a tomato plant. From a little research he looks like a spotted cucumber beetle. I would guess there in my cucumbers also. Looks like he has been there a while as you can see his poop is falling on the branch below his backside. Back to the battlefield.
    Keith

Bastards!
    Was thinking about getting ducks or guinea fowl to help with the bugs this year, Sister brought over her 2 ducks yesterday and they were eating everything they could, even earwigs but heard that they can damage fruits when searching for bugs

Most of the really bad bugs haven't hit us yet, found some Colorado potato beetle eggs underneath a deadly nightshade plant I was burning the other day so they are here but not on the tomatoes yet but I did lose one pepper plant to a cutworm so guess I'm in the same boat...1-0
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Got the heat here...no bugs...please no bugs! Louies raised beds are doing well...i'm sure my turn is coming for the critters!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well I never had cuke beatles bother my maters...but they can do a number on the cukes for sure...I dont have too many around since i planted the lemon balm. A very few cuke beatles and NO squash bugs. They really hate the stuff...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Farking bugs....I have had some grasshoppers for first time in years...

I had potato bugs for a bit years ago....I literaly squished millions by hand....I grew sweet potatoes after that(they donta like em)

I have to use BT on me cabbage,broccoli....Damn white moths laying dere eggs ....

I just walk me garden at sunset and daybreak....Farking battle....

Comment

Good luck with your battles, guys! I would love to have a big garden but then I think about the bugs and I'm glad I only have my little bitty garden.
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...