Easy Smoked Sockeye Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Smoked Sockeye Salmon

Here are some of the pieces that I did not serve with the Sockeye for dinner tonight...... Especially the Bellies, which have the most fat & are Awesome smoked. This is just a quick & easy way to do them up, about 3.25 hours total time..... Brined in A thick layer of Kosher Salt with some Mad Hunky along for the ride then into the fridge for about 1.25 hour. Quick rinse & pat dry well with paper towels. You can also let them sit out to dry longer & form the pelicle if you want, but I usually don't with these thinner pieces...... Then a slight sprinkle of Mad Hunky (First test on Salmon for me) & into a preheated smoker @ 160* for 2-4 hours, depending on how you like them finished. I like them kinda medium moist & do not care for smoked fish when it is warm, so I will let them set at room temp for about 1 hour after smoking, then put them into a ziplock bag with a couple of paper towels & into the fridge overnight. This will further pull some of the moisture out of them & seems to get them to the perfect texture & moisture level that I personally like best..... Easy & Great...... I usually smoke with Vine Maple, Alder or Hickory & like any combination of them also. These are just a couple of smaller pieces for something to do.... (I get bored easy....lol) & to taste test a light dusting of the Mad Hunky on Salmon, which is pretty darn good!..... This post is in no way a beauty contest for smoked salmon, but more in line with showing how easy, quick & good it can be using the simple dry Kosher salt brining method.

Heavily Kosher Salted & some Mad Hunky on top.... Fridge for 1.25 hour+-

After about 2 hours..... firmed up nicely & will flake just right
    Last edited by Fishawn; 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM. Reason: Lost my beer.... seen it? :)
    sigpic

thats some fine looking sockeye man, was gonna fling points atcha for the other salmon post, but i am just partial to smoked... so for this fine smoked sockeye!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Holy Smokey Sockeye Scott! Gotta get me some of that
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

ohhh those look really good
        got to do me some more fish
        thanks for reminding me
        Mike
        Oklahoma City
        22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
        Weber 22.5 Performer
        GOSM 3405gw
        Boomer Sooner Drum
        Maverick ET-732
        Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

It don't get any better than that......
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
          X