birthday pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birthday pizza

My 25th birthday is monday and I want to make a pizza. Thinking half chicken breast, pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, ham and BBQ sauce for the sauce. Normally I do one with BBQ I love it and the toppings is a new idea.
    THe other half a taco style as it was mom's request.
    The other a philly style like from domanio's.

For the first one I am thinking the Italian sausages I buy that are like brawts slice it and lay it out like pepperoni. What do you think of that?
    Also does anyone have a recipe for the philly cheese steak.
    Thinking thin sliced ribeye, provolone cheese, onions, green peppers though I am not sure if domanios has a sauce or if it is just alot of cheese.

Originally posted by bigtim665 View Post
    Also does anyone have a recipe for the philly cheese steak.
    Thinking thin sliced ribeye, provolone cheese, onions, green peppers though I am not sure if domanios has a sauce or if it is just alot of cheese.
    Well as far as Philly style I can help ya there but living only 45 minutes from Philly I don't consider the Domino's pizza to be anything near authentic in flavor or quality.

The thin sliced ribeye is definitely the way to go for the meat.
    Traditional would come with onions only and no pepper but I'm with you cause I say fudge that, peppers are awesome...and some shrooms wouldn't hurt the party any either...

For the sauce I definitely wouldn't use a red sauce and would go for a slightly creamy yet savory parm and provolone based cheese sauce and still top with provolone cheese (and maybe a bit of mozz for added flavor and texture).
    I'm pretty sure that they use a creamy cheese type sauce on theirs. I know many places I have been to will use an alfredo sauce on similar types of pizzas which is fine and with a bit of thinning and adding a few ingredients I have always found to be decent considering the parm and garlic and pepper but I guess that depends on whether or not you want to bother making a white sauce.

Whatever you decide to do I think I'm not the only one wanting to see pics of your B-Day pizza.
    Have a good one
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

For the Philly cheesesteak pizza you could use Cheeze Whiz for the sauce. Yum
      Brad

UDS
      Weber spirit
      Weber kettle
      Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

I also agree for philly food the dominos sucks. I like it but the taste is off and it could use some more meat. I read online alot of people use alferdo sauce or ranch. One guy used half each. I opt for the meat cheese and onion half myself. I hate peppers well almost if it is diced real good and mixed into the food some.

I will get some pics for sure
        Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
        Well as far as Philly style I can help ya there but living only 45 minutes from Philly I don't consider the Domino's pizza to be anything near authentic in flavor or quality.

The thin sliced ribeye is definitely the way to go for the meat.
        Traditional would come with onions only and no pepper but I'm with you cause I say fudge that, peppers are awesome...and some shrooms wouldn't hurt the party any either...

For the sauce I definitely wouldn't use a red sauce and would go for a slightly creamy yet savory parm and provolone based cheese sauce and still top with provolone cheese (and maybe a bit of mozz for added flavor and texture).
        I'm pretty sure that they use a creamy cheese type sauce on theirs. I know many places I have been to will use an alfredo sauce on similar types of pizzas which is fine and with a bit of thinning and adding a few ingredients I have always found to be decent considering the parm and garlic and pepper but I guess that depends on whether or not you want to bother making a white sauce.

Whatever you decide to do I think I'm not the only one wanting to see pics of your B-Day pizza.
        Have a good one

Comment

Where are these pies????
          Keith

Comment

tomorrow tomorrow ohh tomorrow.
            Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
            Where are these pies????

Comment

tomorrow tomorrow ohh tomorrow.
              Be allright....tomorrow is cool....do wanna see yer gig!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

mmmm pizza
                Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                Be allright....tomorrow is cool....do wanna see yer gig!

Comment

4 in the morning my time so it is technically tomorrow, where the pizzas at?
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

what no one has any thoughts on how it turned out

Comment

what no one has any thoughts on how it turned out

I was in the crib Tim... 10pm I was toast..

Good looking pie... I would take a slice or two... And Points for bringing the Q-Shots!!... I dont recall if you have posted anything with pics..
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Hey great job man! I bet they tasted good!
                        Keith

Comment

Patience brother, Patience!

Those are some damn fine looking pizzas! I really like the idea of the Philly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comment

I think once before. Keep forgetting to take them. Dad wanted little smokies on the bbq chicken. Did not turn out like I wished. It was good but all your could really taste was the smokies.
                            Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                            I was in the crib Tim... 10pm I was toast..

Good looking pie... I would take a slice or two... And Points for bringing the Q-Shots!!... I dont recall if you have posted anything with pics..

Comment

Working...
                            X