Question for the Bean heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Bean heads

I am smoking a 9.5 pound butt this am and was going to smoke some beans under it. What temp would be good to place the beans in the smoker. I am figuring the beans need 2.5 to 3 hours on the smoker?? I am going to try the wicked baked bean recipe. Thanks
    sigpic
    Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
    Great Out doors grill
    Brinkman verticle
    And one great UDS
    Crooked Creek Viszlas

We go with whatever temp the smokers running at, usually around 250°.

Comment

Originally posted by RickW View Post
      We go with whatever temp the smokers running at, usually around 250°.
      I am running a UDS and the temps are staying right at 250 I am not sure how long approx it will take the butt to finish off I was thinking of putting the beans in when the meat hits the 160 degree range do you all think 3 hours is enough time to get the but up to 200 degrees and let rest for an hour
      sigpic
      Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
      Great Out doors grill
      Brinkman verticle
      And one great UDS
      Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

I'd do the beans earlier....like, before you foil the butt to let some of the drippings mix in with the beans, and to get better smoke. The beans can always be kept warm in the oven, or reheated when the pork is ready..

Comment

Originally posted by Earache_My_Eye View Post
          I'd do the beans earlier....like, before you foil the butt to let some of the drippings mix in with the beans, and to get better smoke. The beans can always be kept warm in the oven, or reheated when the pork is ready..
          Thats how I would do it too...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

I would wait just a bit more, maybe when the meat is at 180°. That should give you at least a couple hours to get the beans done. If need be you can raise the temps when the shoulder is resting.

Comment

Originally posted by Earache_My_Eye View Post
              Good idea too.

Comment

It's kinda up to you and what you like.

I hate runny beans. Like them to stay put on the plate, so I throw mine on early. But, that's me. I've had single batches of Wicked Baked Beans on for 4 hours and doubles for 6.

You really only need to get it all over 140 and all ingredients melded together. That only takes a couple hours at most. After that, it's how you like them.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

I usually mix in some pulled pork with the beans. Makes for some nice flavors too. Even if you do not get all the drippings that you want in the beans.

Comment

Working...
                  X