Boring garden tour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring garden tour...

Well thats what we used to call it when we drug people through our garden to show what we were doing...

Here are a few early morning shots for ya. The dew has not even dried off the plants yet...My favorite time of day

This is "tomato row"...16 plants total includeing 2 tomatillo...First time for them...crazy looking plants for sure...theyre over 5' tall already...

A closeup...lookin fine and it wont be long now...

And the cherry tomatoes are clear outta their cages...Outta control Im tellin ya! Massive plants with a ton of maters just waiting to ripen...

The peppers arent as far along since they were delayed in transplanting...But they will have no problem catching up...
    I think this is one of my Lemon Drop peppers...These things will end up about 5'tall and 5'wide. Three of these will give me more peppers than my dehydrator can handle...

This is one of my Red Savina Habenero plants...It doesnt look evil but trust me it is out to hurt people and thats all there is to it...

Here is one of Lena's sweet peppers...Its a chocolate hybrid that gives us the sweetest peppers Ive ever grown...

I think the plant in the front is a paprika...then a couple poblano plants and then Mamma's chocolates...

Well thanks for taking the tour with us...I didnt want to bore you with the garlic, the okra, the squash, or the cukes...maybe later...
    Craig
    sigpic

looks like a great garden .....i have a garden but im thinkin the 10" + inches of rain that caused alot of flooding here a week or two killed my peppers they were under water for a little too long and they wont make it back...so other than that my tomatoes are doing pretty good and my squash is doing real good......
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Wow, I had three plants last year and I've still got a case of Tomato sauce left. What are you gonna do with all those tomatos?
      Great tour. I enjoyed it
      JT

Comment

Yawn. lol It looks great. My maters are only a foot tall and my sweet corn is gettin about 4 inches now. Someday I'll take a pic and post it

Comment

Awesome garden Craig ......Man..... These garden pictures you guys are posting are killing me..... Nothing grows here when its 50-55 and raining..... except MOSS, which seems to thrive..... Any moss salsa recipes out their?
          sigpic

Comment

Garden looks great....going to be some good veggies coming out of there
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

You got it goin Big Daddy!....Heat's been bad here so the sprinkler is werkin...no rain....er very little...Pullin maters when they are green. Bird's are gettin after em!.....
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Fricken birds suck in the garden...sometimes...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

good looken maters ya got there Craig .
                  heres a couple of my plants.
                  these are salsa

anaheim

these are peños

grape maters

one friggen nanner

Terry here
                  Still have Christene

Comment

Nothing bores me about garden pics.... Looking healthy and mighty fine eats to come.....I may have a cuc by tuesday....

Freaking hot and humid and the toms/peppers are loving it....

Comment

The boring garden tour is just what we called it years ago...We used to drag people to see the garden even when they couldnt care less...Friends,family,neighbors, folks we didnt know...it didnt matter...everyone took the tour, and many were bored
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        The boring garden tour is just what we called it years ago...We used to drag people to see the garden even when they couldnt care less...Friends,family,neighbors, folks we didnt know...it didnt matter...everyone took the tour, and many were bored

Yeah man....I like to have BIG parties and get everyone drunk and show em around....Buddy of mine took out 3 maters when he passed out 15 years ago....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                          Yeah man....I like to have BIG parties and get everyone drunk and show em around....Buddy of mine took out 3 maters when he passed out 15 years ago....
                          Guess who's not going on the next tour...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks great. Too hot here for maters now but I've got lots of spices goin. Hope you have some space (a bunch) between the Habenero and the rest of the peppers. If they cross pollinate you will have some....surprise heat in all your peppers. Yea done that, blistered mouth.
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                              Looks great. Too hot here for maters now but I've got lots of spices goin. Hope you have some space (a bunch) between the Habenero and the rest of the peppers. If they cross pollinate you will have some....surprise heat in all your peppers. Yea done that, blistered mouth.
                              Peppers cross polinate but I dont think that will affect this years harvest...seeds from that crop could be another story..but I could be wrong...
                              And hey, If youre right then I got my Bhut jolokia planted next to the habs
                              Whats wrong with blistered mouth
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X