No announcement yet.

Sausage Maker meat slicer....Opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage Maker meat slicer....Opinions ?

I'm looking at the meat slicer that the Sausage Maker has manufactured for them. They're selling it for about $385. I'd like opinions on that slicer. I need a medium duty slicer for my Pastrami Smokes and soon to be Bacon Smokes.

Any recommendations for other slicers in that price range that I could check?

Thanks

i have no experience with the one you are looking at, however I have a cheap cabela's slicer and for as much as I make bacon and pastrami it does great. and I think I paid about half of what you are looking at. also check craiglist and ebay in your area for some smokin deals if you are going to spend that much you might be able to get a REAL commercial slicer for about the same price. good luck
    Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

Comment

I have a 15 year old Rival and it still works for me - you might also want to check ebay for slicers
      Scarbelly

Comment

I've got a cheap slicer off ebay - and it's crap !

Just so you've got a balanced set of opinions.

I would think the sausage maker one would be pretty good. I've got one of their stuffers and it's a great bit of kit.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I'm narrowing my choices down to either a used 9" Berkel or used 9" Globe. Which one woud you recommend?

Comment

Either one is going to be a great investment. Both have excellent parts and replacement support.

You have to look at how much you're really going to use it. If you're going to use it often, spend as much as you can. If not, then go cheaper. Weston makes a pretty good 9". The tray is the only downfall I see. It might limit some bacon slabs.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CEEQrQQwAg

If you can get it for garage sale prices, than by all means nab it. You'll never need another slicer. Just my .02.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
            X