Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Oklahoma Joe!

Thanks again Mike!!!

Well, I finally got my (new to me) Ok Joe. I've been trying to hunt down a decent offset for a long time and as soon as I saw the Ok Joe's about 6 months ago I had to have one. Luckily I found one near by and had to pick it up!

Hope he doesn't mind but I forgot to take before pictures so I'm using the ones Mike sent me.

It was in great shape but had a little surface rust from sitting out in the elements.

Firebox needed the most work.

Fresh paint here so it still looks a little blotchy. (don't mind the perfectly manicured lawn! )

I plan on replacing the handles with the spring handles at some point. I just hit them with a quick coat as of now though. I also need to figure out a way to polish up the OK Joe tag w/o loosing all of the info on it, any ideas would be helpful there!

try wiping the tag with some wd40 (assuming you get that over there)
    Nice solid looking smoker
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

nice lookin smoker!
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Man...ya done real good!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice find. It gets another life!!!

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Man I wish I could find one around here - looking good
            Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              try wiping the tag with some wd40 (assuming you get that over there)
              Hell, I thought we invented the stuff.

Anyways great smoker man! congrats and I can't wait to see your smokes from it.
              JT

Comment

Yeah, man..those are pretty solid units. Should give ya years of fine Q, conversation, and time-filling :{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Real nice cooker and it cleaned up right well, congrats on the find It well make some good eats!
                  " When you lose, don't lose the lesson "

Comment

Looks Great, I would like to find one of them someday ..... Try some paint thinner on the tag?..... if it takes off some of the paint around the tag, tape off the tag with painters or masking tape & use a razor knife around the perimeter to make it clean, repaint & remove tape.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just a great score...
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and the tips. Found some brasso at work and that crap could shine a turd! I'm going to give that a shot this weekend and see if I can get some results.

Comment

Dang nice...I wish that was mine...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn nice find!! You'll get lots of great food and great times outta that puppy! Congrats!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Too Kewl.... Welcome to the Longhorn family... I have had mine for years and love it.. With a little tweaking she will be kicking out some great Q...

I'm sure Mike pointed out a baffle and a 3 1/2" 90 to bring the exhaust down to the grate..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                              X