Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pretty good place to start for my first R.F. build w/ pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pretty good place to start for my first R.F. build w/ pics!

The other day I was driving around tha lake and notice a pig roaster in someone's yard. I thought "cool, gettin ready for the holiday coming up". Then I went back around another day just to snap a pic to share with my cousin and sure enough, the guy was putting "for sale" signs in the yard right next to it. So I talked with him for a few and we seemed to get along well. He told me he bought it 2 yrs ago as his project and just never got to it. I let it sit there for a few days and just couldn't help myself anymore. He told me he bought it cheap so I told him I would give him $160 for it. He asked "what's wrong with $180?" Then his wife chimed in and said "because he offered 160 and I want it out of my yard!" So $160 it is. I think I got a good deal so far. Check it out.

I'm planning to lift it up and make it into a R.F. wood burner. It was obviously a gasser before as you can see the bottle holder and there is a V fin in the bottom where the gas element used to be. Going to be some work, but I cannot wait to get started. Once I get through the holidays and my vacation I am going to buy a welder and get started.

Thanks for checking out my someday smoker!

Dave

Looks like a great "Blank Canvas" to start your masterpiece on. Can't wait to see what's next. Good Luck!

JT
    JT

Comment

Yeah Man!....U done good!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thats a damn nice find and for 160.00 its a steel! A little work and you will have a real nice cooker their!
        " When you lose, don't lose the lesson "

Comment

Awesome grab! slap a firebox, split plate, stack and some new grates and you're done!

Talk about a jump start!

Comment

Very Cool Dave!..... Keep us posted on what you decide on doing to her..... Then give her a name ? or did she come with one?
            sigpic

Comment

You got a sound base to work with Dave. Kudos and good luck...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

That looks like a great head start on a blank canvas! Shoot, you'll have that thing up and runnin in no time.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow, what a great deal! Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Gotta love wifes, good grab man

Comment

Nice find Dave, Just a little TLC and you will have a nice smoker at a good price - way to go.
                      South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
                      Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
                      Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

As the Moody Blues said best, "ooooo what a lucky man". It does pay off sometimes to let the curious part of ya gain control. Its worth so much more than $160.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice score
                          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm pretty psyched to say the least. Time to start lookin at some other builds for ideas and how to re-mount it to the trailer when I lift it and what not. My father in law has some welding experience so I'm going to enlist him for some coaching. Will be a good chance for us to get together too. Can't wait!

Dave

Comment

Clearance for fire box

I was just looking at these two pics again thinking about what it was going to take to lift the smoker so I would have enough clearance for a fire box on the back end and started wondering if just putting new wheels and tires on it would make a significant difference without having to cut the whole thing free and rebuild the trailer too. Any thoughts?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X