Boston NY Ribfest, had a Blast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston NY Ribfest, had a Blast...

Just got back from Boston NY Ribfest. Had a great time, a little rain but not to bad. All in all it was a great day. Enjoy...

Nothing but WSM's here...

They just finished handing in Brisket, time to relax...

So he relaxes with another "Red Bull"...

Can someone tell me what kind of pits these are? I have never seen these before. It kinda looks like a Char Broil modified "can't be". He was still handing in and I didn't want to bother him. Never made it back to ask him...

Brian from Good Smoke BBQ, getting ready to hand in Pork. After he finished handing in his Brisket, he invited us in to try it. Damn fine Brisket. I got to say very nice...

Sure was a lot of Jambo's here...

See, all Canadians live in Igloos...

A 60 Lang puff'in away. It was his first comp and he was having the time of his life. Great people here...

This Jambo was a masterpiece. Just a beautiful piece of machinery. Not one thing out of place. The welds were to die for. Simply the perfect smoker. My buddy had to drag me away from this... All the best...

Last edited by Zeeker; 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    KCBS CBJ

Great pics Zeeker, thanks for sharing !!!

That smoker in question I am thinking is a modification of a Brinkman (going by the stack)or a custom job with a SmokeyJoe or New Braunfel's style front shelf. The "Down Under" firebox would provide even heat, but make controlling the temp even more difficult. It appears they are using lump going by the two chimney starters in the pic.
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nice setting there... sure beats the parking lot we were in!

How'd ya place?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks Zeek!..... Some really cool shots! Appreciate it.... All the best...
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like it was a great day!

Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=Zeeker;125839]
            Can someone tell me what kind of pits these are? I have never seen these before. It kinda looks like a Char Broil modified "can't be". He was still handing in and I didn't want to bother him. Never made it back to ask him...

Zeek, looks identical to my charbroil... even that firebox looks like the opiginal with mods with the duct from the top of the FB to the center botoom of the pit. my guess to eliminate the "cold" end, would think unless he wanting higher temps he would really have to keep his coals under control or keep coals on hand and slowly add as they loose heat(see he has a cupla chimmneys with what looks like a setup where he could do that)... nice pics and glad you had a great time bud!!!

the more i look at it the more i am sure about it, even the handle on his is identical to the one that is bolted to the sfb on mine and the brackets for the shelf, the holes for the rotissery, the overhang on the top side of the fire box, etc... ifreakingdentical...

Last edited by erain; 06-27-2010, 03:05 AM.
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

great set of pics zeek.
              when did you mount the fatman on a trailer ?
              looks good

Looks like you're really going for the comps this year

So how'd you do9 at this one ?
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. I don't do comps, but enjoy attending on occasion. Thanks for the great pics.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great pix Zeeker, thanks for sharing! Looks like a great time and a great place for a comp.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Nice setting there... sure beats the parking lot we were in!

How'd ya place?
                    Didn't compete Rich. Had a bunch of friends competing here so I just came down for the show. Spent the day, ate great Q and chatted with all my buds. Thinking on entering a comp later this year. Don't know if I have it yet, but you'll be the first to know when I do enter one...
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great pic's...i'm sure it was a fine day!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Aahhh Zeek you got it all right! You've had the reigns a while now buddy. I've seen your smokes, they make my monitor speakers smoke. You on it Mac Daddy! Nice pics. Thank you for taking us there to see. I am with Rich on the comp setting. Our first comp and this next one are on asphalt I wouldn't mind some good green grass for once. No pun intended
                        Happy Smokes!
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                          Zeek, looks identical to my charbroil...
                          Which looks EXACTLY like my SnP except the Charbroil has better looking handles.

Made in the same "overseas" factory I'll bet.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Great photos Zeek, thanks for sharing!
                            Did ya get bit by the comp bug? Are planning on a team buddy?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                              Which looks EXACTLY like my SnP except the Charbroil has better looking handles.

Made in the same "overseas" factory I'll bet.

Dave
                              LMAO, you prolly right man... so it gotta be a char broil theen, if you peek at the picture can see that beeeutiful chrome handle on the fire box if you look close.... lol here i thought the SnP was a lil different... like heavier metal and stuff, was my only reservation on getting the one i have was to look around for an SnP but now you put that to bed... now for sure i dont feel bad about chopping mine LOL
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X