Sweet and Spicy Smoked Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet and Spicy Smoked Nuts

These are a little work but well worth the effort. I modified a recipe I found on SMF and these were completely gone at the end of the cocktail hour we had in the neighborhood last nite

Here is the recipe
    Spiced Nuts Modified

2 TBS Warmed Bacon Fat ( we keep a container in Fridge for gravies etc)
    40 oz Mixed Nuts
    1 Cup Brown Sugar
    1/3 Cup Tapatio
    1/4 Tsp Chipotle Powder
    Heat the fat in a Wok add Nuts to coat then add the remaining ingredients until sugar melts and nuts are well coated
    Add
    1 Tsp Dry Mustard
    1 Tsp Chili Powder
    1 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
    1 Tsp Cayanne Pepper
    1/4 Cup Honey

Stir together and simmer over med low heat for 20 minutes stirring regularly. Do Not Walk Away - This will burn in a heartbeat
    Remove to pan with holes to allow smoke to penetrate and smoke for about 4 hours

Here they are smoked and waiting to cool down and firm up
    Scarbelly

Sheeesh! I can see why they were gone at the end. They look wonderful. The wife says I'm doing these ones as well.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

them be great with a cold one or 2
      Terry here
      Still have Christene

Comment

Damn sure look good & I could chow on them with some Natty's!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good lawrd, man! You are on it! Those look great. Do they end up with a hard glaze, or are they sticky?

The kids have been wanting me to do some cinnamon sugar almonds, but I just haven't been brave enough!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
            Good lawrd, man! You are on it! Those look great. Do they end up with a hard glaze, or are they sticky?

The kids have been wanting me to do some cinnamon sugar almonds, but I just haven't been brave enough!
            They are a little sticky but not too bad - The hard part is standing there watching and stirring for 20 min. You really can't walk away even for a minute or they will burn .
            Scarbelly

Comment

Those do look mighty tasty. My problem would be standing there for 20 min and not digging in. Great job.

Comment

(2 TBS Warmed Bacon Fat )

Im hooked lol send me some im 20 min away lol
                good job man

Comment

Working...
                X