Weber 22" Kettle Pizza Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber 22" Kettle Pizza Help?

I know it can be done, but have not done it yet.... It's been in the mid 90's here lately & we are in a rental house until we find a good/great house to buy..... This place is about 12' from the neighbors on both sides with asphalt & concrete for a back yard & gets full afternoon sun with no relief No central A/C, but we have (3) 5,200 BTU window A/C units keeping a 1,800 square foot house @ 70*-72*..... in 90*+ weather... I am thankful for that..

Thing is..... If I even look at the range/oven, it raises the temps up 5 degreess inside .... ..... so I have the Weber Kettle sitting outside & know it has some magical qualities & can do pretty much anything.... I have cooked pizza's on my smoker & Gas Weber with decent results+-, but have a feeling the 22" Kettle could perhaps make it pretty good? ..... I am thinking that JT's Whisky Fish "Ring of Fire" around the perimeter & "Baking" in the middle would be work great..... Just fishing for some input...
    sigpic

prolly not what your looking for but a pretty neat deal you can do on the grill is make softshell pizzas, need softshell tacos, olive oil, diced tomatoes, have other toppings handy, green/blk olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, mozz cheese, pizza seasoning. take a teaspoon of olive oil and put on softshell, add diced tomatoes and other ingreds of choice and put on grill. not a real deal pizza but these are great and alot of fun, everyone build thier own. kids love it too.
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Here's the last time I did a pizza party and it was on a Weber.
      http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7146
      I haven't tried the ring method on pizzas but no reason it wouldn't work.
      What I usually do is direct heat, throw the skin on first and lightly toast one side, pull it, top it and throw it back on. The ring sure would be worth a try, you could definately put more smoke on it and you might be able to skip the "pre-toast" step and just let it bake and smoke and get happy.
      Let us know bro!

JT
      JT

Comment

I've done it like this before...check the slideshow. Ain't done it in quite awhile. May hafta do it for my granddaughter!

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...tml?ref=se-do2
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I'll be watching to see how this turns out.

Ever since eating pizza at Ryan's I've been thinking I need to try one on a screaming, farking, hot UDS. You know, the kind where you leave the lid off for awhile. I'm pretty sure I can hit 500° if I work at it.

Dave
          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
          UDS 1.0
          Afterburner
          Weber Performer
          Blue Thermapen
          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
          Auber Smoker Controller
          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
          -
          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Great Input!..... Exactly what I was looking for! ...... I did do some nacho's last night on the mini Weber..... worked like a charm

sigpic

Comment

Scott,
              My $.02...
              I bake my pizza's the same as I bake my bread - 375 to 400* for 20 - 30 minutes.
              I would be worried about it burning, so I would do the fire ring thingy, and in vert a SS bowl to sit my pizza pan on. My pizza pans are 16".. so I'm thinking with 3" one each side, the SS bowl would be small. That's how I would do it. Wouldn't take many coals.. maybe 3/4 of a chimmeny(sp..aw hell you guys no ;o) I can't spell anyway!).

The bread and pizza I've smoked/baked has been awesome. GO FOR IT!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                Scott,
                My $.02...
                I bake my pizza's the same as I bake my bread - 375 to 400* for 20 - 30 minutes.
                I would be worried about it burning, so I would do the fire ring thingy, and in vert a SS bowl to sit my pizza pan on. My pizza pans are 16".. so I'm thinking with 3" one each side, the SS bowl would be small. That's how I would do it. Wouldn't take many coals.. maybe 3/4 of a chimmeny(sp..aw hell you guys no ;o) I can't spell anyway!).

The bread and pizza I've smoked/baked has been awesome. GO FOR IT!
                I fail mind reading in the fourth grade and spell ain't a good side point.Dwayne
                South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
                Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
                Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

Working...
                X