Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked shrooms and bb's

another thread i rescued

okay........i did this a week ago yesterday (sunday), but just getting around to posting it.......i put it here instead of Pork or General, cause it was the Shrooms i really wanted to try out........

Here is the mushrooms, crimini's, de-stemed ( i also smoked the stems for the creme of mushroom soup we did the next day).........

the stuffing is creme cheese with fresh chives outta my herb garden, shrimp and japs............

ingrediants chopped and ready to mix in with the creme cheese

i just this mixture first to stuff the abts......once again, pre-cooked the bacon abit, so i know they will totally crisp up in the smoker

i also pre-smoked the mushrooms face down, as someone else mentioned here to do, so the water does'nt collect in the cap, and it gets abit more smoke thru out the shroom, you can also see i have the stems in there too, to get some smoke

caps smoked, ready for stuffing........

stuffing the mushrooms

abts done

i sprinkle mozz cheese on at the last minute........when i did a search on smoking these here, i noticed some folks was having problems with the cheese running off, so i waited till the end........

okay..........i was given some EXTRA-meaty babybacks........i have never done em before, as i perfer spares.........but since i was given em, smoke ON!

ribs rubbed with Jeffs rub

these were pre-injected.........i should of soaked em to remove the solution......as they were abit salty.........live and learn.........i don't have a pic of the rack done, but here is the smoke ring

all in all, a nice experience with both the shrooms and the bb's.........i WILL be doing the mushrooms again, for sure at the Get-Together.........the ribs WERE meaty, but like i said, abit too salty........and abit expensive for me, its why i do spares, but i may give em a shot again, sometime in the future....

also.......momma once again did most of the werk..........i just smoked em...........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Them mushrooms look great! Gonna try em!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nice!! gotta try em...love me some mushrooms!
      Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
      http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice looking mushrooms. I love mushrooms, will have to try them smoked.

BB's looked delicious.
        Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
        Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
        1 Maverick ET-73
        1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

Nice lookin smoke dude,I bet those shrooms were great.
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Nice job on that smoke. It all looks great.
            sigpic

Comment

Good looking smoke, Dude. I'm with the rest, I like mushrooms.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

good lookin smoke there Jethro!

If you can only find enhanced ribs, just make you usual rub and cut the salt by 50-75%..

Smoked stuffed shrooms are my favorite!
                Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                  good lookin smoke there Jethro!

If you can only find enhanced ribs, just make you usual rub and cut the salt by 50-75%..

Smoked stuffed shrooms are my favorite!
                  DUH, on cutting the salt down.........but i don't brine ribs...... Just soak em to REMOVE what ever CRAP they put in em.......now..........

can't wait to do the shrooms again..........maybe even NORMAL ones........LOLOL

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

all they put in them is salt, water, and a teeny bit of sodium Phosphate..

Poke a hole in the bottom of them shrooms, you may even like them better!
                    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                    X